Triples idea.

Moulder

First off I want to say I know just enough about turbos to realize I don't know squat. My truck is an 07.5 2500 Dodge 4x4. It was a 68rfe truck but taking it out multiple times I swapped in a zf6 from 6.0 Ford truck (one of the best things I've done to the truck). It is deleted and has a mini Max on it with the pre EPA tunes, 5"exhaust and that is all. So I have a brand new he561ve holset, what if I paired this up with two k31 turbos? Assuming I could get everything under the hood could this setup work on the street ( as in not driving around at 2500 rpm everywhere to get it to light)? What supporting mods would be necessary to make it work? I know a new lift pump/fuel system is mandatory but what injectors and so on would be needed?

3 70+mm turbos would still act like a massive compound setup. unless you are looking for 1500hp why that large?

I already have the 561 and what little bit I've read about triples you want them to be close in size. Any thoughts on spooling characteristics? .

I really don't see it working they're just to big. Typically they use two 62/63/64 whatever and feed a 66

I was hoping there was a chance with the extra displacement of the 6.7

Why wouldn't it work? a 6.7 should have no problem with a 70'ish mm secondary. other than the bottom end not holding together I don't see it being hard to drive?

Why wouldn't it work? a 6.7 should have no problem with a 70'ish mm secondary. other than the bottom end not holding together I don't see it being hard to drive?

:hehe: No big deal.

I've got a spare complete 6.7 longblock and a set of England rods that I was planning on having cryo'd polished and balanced with new bolts. I plan on having the crank balanced as well.

Just cause you have a big cube turbo thats been laying around the shop for like three years doesnt mean that its the best or cheapset turbo option for your truck...

I've got a spare complete 6.7 longblock and a set of England rods that I was planning on having cryo'd polished and balanced with new bolts. I plan on having the crank balanced as well.

Ask a price before you balance the crank, all the stock ones I've spun up we're good for 6k.

Most people will drill a few holes that counter each other and charge you for a balance job... Not saying it's wrong or I haven't done it but just FYI

And the triples will eat that motor too.

You need billet if you want to have a lotta fun with triples. Or compounds for that matter. Any particular reason you want triples other than the "cool factor"

I like things that are different. If it was a usable setup I might even pull a sled with it some. I know in a competition vehicle it would be capable of some serious horsepower. Does anyone have any thoughts on how it would perform detuned to 900-1000 HP? I know that would be overkill for that range but I like have the idea of having something to grow with if I decide to make it a competition only vehicle later on. I know I'm asking vague questions as I'm just not versed in turbo chargers. I appreciate everyone that has taken time to add input.

Run a good 472. When or if you decide you need more, sell it or use it to triple