Triples ?s

swamp_ratt

Snootchie Bootchies
How are people running triples? 3 different sized turbos or 1 small and 2 equally sized large? Reason I'm asking is I'm getting an hx52 for my primary, and my holset ht4c (i believe is 85mm) is going to be my atmosphere, but I have a 76ish mm holset sitting here too. Would this be a setup to try for triples?

That wouldn't work to well from what I've seen.

Some are running 3 of the same size turbo's.

Some are running 2 of the same feeding one slightly larger.

Hopefully someone who has built some will chime in. I've been researching them, but I'm no expert.

Last edited:
First off the Hx52 will be the secondary, not the primary. Second, no.

Most of the time its either three equally sized chargers or the two primary chargers would be the same yet slightly smaller than the "secondary" or "manifold" charger.

Good luck, do your research first. Don't listen to me either, I'm dumb.

Why would the manifold charger be larger than the atmospheres? wouldn't you want it to be like compounds and the atmospheres be larger?

Is it because the combined cfm of the atmospheres would be too large if you went with two larger atmospheres rather than two smaller atmospheres?

That's the way I understand it, but again, you'll need someone who understands turbo's better than me to chime in.

it took me forever to grasp the concept of bigger on the mani smaller under it to but seams the way everyone likes them, seeing alot of 66 over 62's pop up now

mike bgrpwr or how he spells it is running a 2 stage trip set up on the 6.4 "godzilla" where each one is bigger then the other and it was making BIG power in a tow tune when it went boom...

Few different options. Generally the primaries are the same size(not always exhaust housings). Having the secondary be the same size, smaller, or larger is all opinion of setup. Advantages and disadvantages to each.

I've been kickin around running a 351 on the mani with two 63's. My theory is drivability. But I'm still figuring this crap out too.

I've been kickin around running a 351 on the mani with two 63's. My theory is drivability. But I'm still figuring this crap out too.

Seems like that would be a good high hp set up if you gate the piss out of the 351. For example beans CR 62 over an S510 making 1100 on fuel. (Not positive on the numbers)

I just don't know what size gate to run.....
Seems like that would be a good high hp set up if you gate the piss out of the 351. For example beans CR 62 over an S510 making 1100 on fuel. (Not positive on the numbers)

Back