triples

1stgenctd

SuperBad
I am wondering if anyone here has run triples? I currently have a 62/68fmw .83 t4 gated and 2 he351s that are pretty much stock at this point. I haven't yet drilled out the waastegate port to a larger diameter. I assume that they would flow quite a bit of air and have excellent spool with small turbine housings, but I am not sure if the same size compressor/turbine wheels will cause a problem with surging. Should I continue on this path or should I just get a 88mm and do compounds

along with my sig I will be running a steel 188/220 Hamilton cam, head studs, built trans, dpc reman converter, 5x20s have a .025 pintle cut, still undecided about pump mods

Biggest question is... When run in a triple setup, what will two 60's act like?

Clearly they are easily capable of over 500 hp alone, ricer math puts that over 1000hp worth of air to be then compounded into that 62.

But ricer math...

i ran 2 62s over a 66. spool was incredibly fast. plained by 1800rpms and was an animal.

No one else has run triples??? Any ideas of what I could make for power using the he351s???

This is a great question. Hopefully someone has an answer. Would be a great way to build triples on a budget.

Wouldn't be much different than the guy that ran 3 HX35's I'd think.

I'll search and try and find that thread.

There are multiple threads about triples on here.

Good point! He must have thought he was inventing triples! He wants to know if anyone has used this setup. If you can point out a thread with 2 he351s over a 64 it would be helpful.

Which he seems to have. Buy am I wrong in saying that first hand experience with a similar setup would be the best way to determine how it would perform?

I agree, it would. In the meantime think of it like this. 351's flow ~65lbs/min each. Puts you in the same ball park as an s483 wheel for example. Where I see them suffering is exhaust flow. Combined 18cm2 housing. Two very restrictive turbine wheels.

It would be a good setup for a guy on a budget. For all out power you'd be better off with a little more on the exhaust side.

I like the theory of triples, but the real benefit I see is when getting into huge air situations. Rotating mass and cost on a 95mm+ can be pretty staggering. Now a couple $650 box bw t4's, not so much.

do you think running 3 of them is too much? combined they would have ~27cm which isn't much more than a ht4b. I'm just not sure ill have enough to spin them

do you think running 3 of them is too much? combined they would have ~27cm which isn't much more than a ht4b. I'm just not sure ill have enough to spin them

cm rating and a/r are not the same. i think they're placed best for pull tractors, however H&S performance truck runs well.

They might be a small on the ex. housing but with the wastegates drilled to one inch they would have a 50.8 mm wastegate. That should be way more than enough to control back pressure. A single 351 with a drilled wastegate will control boost decently. Look at Will's truck. I can set the total boost on my 351 at anything I want with the big turbo unhooked. Shouldn't be any different with the two as one big turbo.

I would still be running the 62fmw as the secondary. Running 2 he351s has been noted having issues with exhaust flow due to a restrictive housing (9cm2). So my question is would running 3 alieviate the exhaust flow issue, not sure I could actually get them to spin enough to be effiecient