trouble code problems. dead pedal

lbyler86

i recently bought a 99 dodge 24v and im having a bit of a problem. i plugged a scanner in and got a bunch of codes that i will list in just a second. i noticed my truck was dead pedaling with almost no acceleration and no power, and absolutely no smoke from which before it rolled coal like a chimney. im dumbfounded as to what the problem might be. ive read some posts on here to gimme an idea of what it might be and it seems like it could be the MAP sensor but i looked at that and it seems fine. im also having problems with my gauges and after market gauges. my aftermarket gauges do not turn off with the truck they stay on after i turn the ignition off and the lights. my stock gauges on the dash vary from the oil gauge working then stopping. there is also a toggle switch that connects to the wires going into the MAP sensor or my chip which is a quadzilla. and i believe the guy that had it before used it as a smoke switch. who knows? but if anyone could give me some feedback please do so. thanks

P1693- DTC in PCM
P1488-Auxillary 5 volt supply output too low
P0238-MAP sensor voltage to high
P0522-oil pressure voltage too low
P0177-Water in fuel sensor voltage too low
P1687-no cluster buss messages

I noticed when i bought the truck it had some wiring that looked like it could cause some problems but i never thought it would be this severe. im just trying to figure out the main problems and if i have to replace anything or if i just have to rewire what is causing the problems.:rockwoot:

First things first, unhook the quad from all sensors and see if it still dead pedals.

X2 on the unhook. I've seen the Adrenaline boxes cause some funky problems.
yeah ive had alot of people tell me that if you dont hook up the quads right then they will act weird. but when you do they work well with the 24v's. and whoever owned the truck before and hooked it up did it half ass. but i also have another question. before the trouble codes were and issue i noticed that when i floor the pedal it almost feels like my trainy is lifting up because i can feel it lift upward when my hands on the stick. i have no idea what it could be.

How much will an ECM run me. And all I've done so far is disconnect the quad from the fuse box and the check engine light turned off and it's back to normal.

And all I've done so far is disconnect the quad from the fuse box and the check engine light turned off and it's back to normal.

Leave the Quad off for awhile and verify its stays up to snuff.

How much will an ECM run me.

Call a Dodge Dealer for a quality unit. Other than that take your risk at re-manufactures. But if the error codes are cleared and staying gone I would have to say your Quad is now junk and the ECM is fine.

yeah i figured the quad would be done for. which is no problem. bc it came with the truck and i want it off anyway. i was thinkin of going towards the edge attitude with juice package. good decision?

Personally I would lean towards the Edge Comp and not the Juice. Most people misuse the alarms and limits and create poor performance issues and the gauges are OK but ISSPro or Autometer gauges are much much better over Edge Juice gauges. Even ISSPro gauges have alarm limits you can program. Most of the time I have to tell people to turn off all limits and alarms and 99.9% most people tell me, "Wow! Huge difference in power or performance..." Mostly because they don't understand how the alarms and limits function.

Last edited:
i have spek gauges right now. which from what i have heard are pretty good. but with the attitude monitor i wouldnt need my gauges right?

nevermind i see now. the attitude only goes with the juice so i could just keep my gauges i have now.

i have spek gauges right now. which from what i have heard are pretty good. but with the attitude monitor i wouldnt need my gauges right?

nevermind i see now. the attitude only goes with the juice so i could just keep my gauges i have now.

But why waste the extra money on juice when the Comp is the same software?

Edge Comp - $573
http://edgeproducts.com/products/1998-5-2000-dodge-24-v-comp-5-9l--30300/

Edge Juice - $1003
http://edgeproducts.com/products/01-02-dodge-5-9l-cummins-juice-w-attitude-cts-31101/

Same performance software just more bells and whistles on the box (alarms and limits and a fancy touch screen). The gauges on the Edge are based off the stock engine sensors. People typically get better accuracy from analog gauge than the digit because of the lag kind of like my ScanGauge II has about 2 second lag. This is because neither ScanGauge II or Edge Juice can continually interrupt the bus for data for more fluid data flow.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF2377.jpg
    DSCF2377.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: