Trouble finding rear geartrain steering pump

stubspuds

I'm using rear geartrain 4.5 4BT's (B4.5RGT) in conversions. These have straight cut gears same as the commonrail, but have an accesory drive port below the injection pump. The accessory port is the same SAE pattern as the older front geartrain engines, but the rotation is opposite.

Has anyone seen an application for these engines that uses a power steering or hydraulic pump driven off the timing cover?

PM Signature600. He should know of a ag application with rear gear and a hydro pump.

On the older P/S pumps you can flip the eccentric inside for reverse rotation. I am not sure if you can do that on the newer ones, but maybe worth a look.

On the older P/S pumps you can flip the eccentric inside for reverse rotation. I am not sure if you can do that on the newer ones, but maybe worth a look.

I'll take a look at a 90's canned ham saginaw I have here. That would work well, thanks for the tip.

If I need to machine an adapter to drive a saginaw pump with a CP3 drive gear I will, but an off the shelf gear or adapter from Cummins, Case, Iveco, ? would be preffered to a one off piece for my applications.

Due to mounting constraints with the 4 cylinder engine a belt driven power steering pump isn't a route I want to take if it can be avoided. The belt drive pump on a commonrail dodge engine works fine in a dodge with mid-block mounts, but not as well on a 4 cylinder with front mounts.

I often wanted to use one of those sweet lil engines for a repower. Never found one in my price range.
Take plenty of pix, and keep us informed!