truck bounces when pulling???? HELP

blackBullet

i have a 2001 ram i truck pull i have traction bars on it with blocks in the rear suspension, neone kno y it would bounce? tire pressure maybe neone got tips to help me b4 i blocked it tratcion bars it never bounced, im lost ne help or suggestions please asap? i run street class

If you are blocked solid try cutting them back so that you have an inch or two of travel. I had the same problem and smaller blocks fixed it for me.

hmm

k i will try that is that a inch after i get the weight in the bed? um do u need sum to hold the truck from the suspension goin bac up

I have about an inch of travel at ride height before any weight goes on it.

what pressures do you run?

manual or auto? how much power? what size tires?

if you dont have the power to turn a large tire and launch a little too hard, then you are gonna get a bounce from weight transfer rather than blowing the tires off. the last few times i bounced came from tight tracks where i couldnt immediately blow the tires off and the tires were trying to grab and started bouncing me.

Or you could try to jack up the truck and then block it harder as the suspension can;t unload and load again, if it can bounce off the stops you will get a good bounce started and depending on other truck set up hp/tires/air pressure it will keep it up going down the track

IKE

Spell It Out

i about had a fit trying to read that..

Also what get blown said.. Block it up higher that way the suspension cant un-load..

+1. Block the rear suspension higher. What tires and air pressure are you running. Too little air pressure and some meaty mud grips will cause alot of bounce. It is bouncing up front or in the rear. There was a truck last night at Lafayette, TN that was bouncing up front, but the rear stayed pretty much solid. I think it was from not enough air in the front tires.

I run 25-30psi in the tires and that seems to work. 35" BFG M/Ts

Not to steal the thread, but what do yo guys mean clamp the springs? And how do you do this

thanks

i have a standard 5 speed i pull in 3rd low is that to low a gear, i have a silver bullet turbo, industrial injectors, head ported n polished afe intake, snow water meth, ats intake manfold ats exhuast, um smarty stacked it a edge, and a fass system, n a hot rod 44 pump i tryed with 30psi up front an 60 rear and one inch travel with 800 lbs in bed n boucnes um plus i got traction bars, then i tryed puting the weight in then puting blocks in still bounce, um i have bf goodrich all terrrians they r about half tred um 295s. ??? ne other ideas guys um can u guys post a pic how to clamp springs

also guys never dynoed the truck but it feels it runns beter on like 6 on the smarty is that poss? n is it true with a hot rod pump u cant run a smarty on odd numbers withthe timing is advanced 2 much i shut the truck off??

i have a standard 5 speed i pull in 3rd low is that to low a gear, i have a silver bullet turbo, industrial injectors, head ported n polished afe intake, snow water meth, ats intake manfold ats exhuast, um smarty stacked it a edge, and a fass system, n a hot rod 44 pump i tryed with 30psi up front an 60 rear and one inch travel with 800 lbs in bed n boucnes um plus i got traction bars, then i tryed puting the weight in then puting blocks in still bounce, um i have bf goodrich all terrrians they r about half tred um 295s. ??? ne other ideas guys um can u guys post a pic how to clamp springs

Dude, 3rd low is a slow gear. Try 2nd high.

2nd high is faster in a 6 sp I would run 4th low can you run any weight on the front? I would switch to 33s or 285s and run 4th low with weights out front. what they are talking about on clamping springs is at eachend of your bottom spring use a ubolt and piece of flat and clamp them from top to bottom. I would not think you would need them with bars and blocks though

i would add air to the back tires and play with your blocking. i'm sure with a few hooks you can zero your problem in so that you are running exactly how you want.

ic

so my blocks should be a inch longer, then the regular travel wit out weight ,in the rear, n na i cant run weight up front, so what gear, 4th low n jack up the rear a inch then put my blocks in?? so its a inch higher i just dont wanna tear up the clucth slippin it much

Put the wieght int the cab of your truck and not your bed. You want the wight to be as far forward as possible