Truck "bounces"

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
OK, from the time I bought this truck it had a bad "bounce" at 40-45mph. I thought it was the worn out tires, or the stock shocks with 145,000miles on them. I just replaced tires and shocks and the truck still bounces along. It is really bad, about twice a second at 43mph and does it regardless of the truck being in gear under power or coasting in nuetral. I checked all the U-joints and they are tight and I can't find anything wrong with it. I guess next I will pull the wheels off and put a dial indicator on the rotors and drums or axles and see if I have anything bent.

Any suggestions?

George

How is the condition of the front steering stabilizer?? I swapped to a Skyjacker dual set up on mine. Way better over a single,IMHO.

I'm sure the stabilizer needs replaced as well, but I can't see how it would cause the entire truck to bounce while going in a straight line. Also, the tires are only slightly larger than stock (265/75R16)

Ideas??
George

well if that cures your bounce be sure to post be cause mine is like riding a kangaroo some times

I have a bounce, but I think mine is tire related

When I get it figured out I will be sure to post what it took to fix.

George

Timbeaux38 said:
I have a bounce, but I think mine is tire related

I was thinking a tire issue.
Try rotating your tires front to back and see if the bounce goes away

You'd be suprised what a good set of steering stabilizers can do....LOL LOL LOL

I wonder if a set of Balance Masters or Centramatics could prevent this or cure this current problem?

Not if your front end needs aligning Rich.

yep

Mine does the same thing. I have been told it is the front anti Sway bar in conjunction with larger tires, because when i went from 35" to 33" tires I diddnt have the problem, but the day I changed them back, it was death shake all over again. Check your tire pressure too, I notice it doesnt do it as much with higher pressure.

mine bounces so bad an some freeways i think my kid is going to suffer severe internal injurys... has anyone changes out thier stock shocks for a stock replacement that they like?