truck cuts off...?

Back-N-Black 76

Every once in a while, just out of the blue my truck cuts off. It will start sputtering and then cut off. No early warning signs or anything like that. When you try to crank it back up it wont start untill you crack the injection line. You turn it over a couple of times and it starts back up. I have a II hot rod VP44, Bosch rv 275 Injectors, FASS 200 gph pump. I was wandering if air is getting into the system? Wandering what you guys think? :bang

Does it happen after a full throttle burst of just out of the blue 1/4 throttle? hard to assume with out knowing more.

no full throttle bursts, just normal driving. checked the codes through the switch and i get a p0460 and p1693. My sending unit is not reading fuel level. Think that may have something to do with it? right now im just in the dark.

How much fuel is in the truck. You can be running to low on fuel.
0460 is for the fuel sending circuit.

You got a fuel pressure gauge? It doesnt sound like it, if not you need to check fuel pressure, that will eliminate any problem up to the injection pump

the tank is full, just filled up the other day. I do not have a fuel pressure gauge. I really need to invest in one.

You can rig up a temporary gauge, or if you go to any shop they will have one, might be cheaper to make your own, for temporary use, if you arent going to install one

Back