Truck died while on a date.......

cetaneaddict

Causing my own headaches
Alright so I was cruisin some dirt roads and I had a date in the truck. I was just getting the turbo lit and it's like someone shut the fuel off. Pulled it over tried starting it. It would fire but not stay running. I noticed none of my dash gauges work. No oil pressure, fuel level, rpm gauge, water temp, voltage meter....... I also noticed that the "wait to start" light won't come on? So I bungee corded the fuel shut of solonid it the run position and got her home and then myself. I tried unplugging the solonid and see if the gauges would come back. Negative...... I checked the distance on the engine speed pick up on the fluid dampener. It's good...... I'm praying it's not the PCM....... I checked the fuses. The all look good. Help please !!!!!!! Oh and it was embrassing !

Also the codes come up as

Last edited:
You have no clue. 12:30 am my co worker got out of work. Since I was 5 miles way from him he came over and assisted me. I grabbed a bungee cord and I can say atleast I got her home!

the question is....did that give you an opportunity to get lucky?

shes probably thinking "d@mn, let him butter my bald biscuit because his truck is nice, cant even drive me home either during or after" lol

that sucks tho, hopefully you get it figured out quick

Do these trucks have the AOD fuse in the yellow holder?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I should also state that I had just dropped my pulling motor in it. I was doing my shake down run staying close to home. Incase something like this would happen......... It's a sleeper truck. Looks like a plain Jane 2nd gen with just some decent air/fuel. I'll have to pick her up in the winter beater 24 valve for now, Or the lion (ion).

Where is the AOD located ?

Last edited:
With the other fuses at the driver end of the dash

They don't blow for the fun of it. Find out why or you will be stranded

If that is the ecm fuse, mine have blew because the wires going to the transmission solenoids were crossed and touching when I flipped the lock up switch.

Well the truck was an auto. I converted it to manual. The wires are just zip tied up to the frame rail.

Think it may still be trying to lockup with ecm and blowing a fuse?

I don't think so? I drove it for a year with no problems. Thousands of miles.

All I know is that is exactly what mine did. Several times when the wires touched from being worn so bad. I had to start taping them off. Always blew the ecm fuse. I could wire the fuel shut off lever up and drive it wherever. No gauges would work.

LMAO!

Best read I've had in a LONG time on here!

Glad you made "it" happen and back! LOL

Can always get some nooky on the downtime waiting for your buddy. Works with 98 12vs ;)

Back