Truck Dies going down road

badbowtie

custom engine daydreamer
Truck is an early 04 with smarty and arson 3 kit. It just shuts down going down the road. I can only get about 3 miles before it shuts down. It is only about 26 degrees here right now. Fuel pressure gauge shows 22 psi but engine just shutd off no smoke, no studdering, no warning, and no DTC. Where should I start looking? Thanks Guys

scrubbed till they are shiny still won't go more than 3 miles before shutting off, still no dtc I am lost as to where to even start.

Ok so I got the truck to Danville Performance and my air dog is dumping lots of air into CP3 it is literally running out of fuel. I will check to see if they have checked all connections but could a bad fuel pump put air into the system?

Ok so I got the truck to Danville Performance and my air dog is dumping lots of air into CP3 it is literally running out of fuel. I will check to see if they have checked all connections but could a bad fuel pump put air into the system?

How much fuel is in the tank? Do you have your Airdog running straight to your CP3 or is it routed through the stock filter setup first?

Last edited:
How much fuel is in the tank? Do you have your Airdog running straight to your CP3 or is it routed through the stock filter setup first?

His airdog appears to be cavitating. He had about a 1/2 tank and the airdog is hooked directly to the cp3. CP3 passes all the tests once the airdog gets up to speed. It takes a few minutes for it to get to 4psi and after about 5 minutes it will finally go to 20psi. Looks like it has been on the truck for a long time. Nice truck though!

Sounds like The LP is shot but, The cp3 should suck enough fuel to keep the truck running. I drove 30miles with the cp3 sucking fuel threw a dead Fass pump. It must be sucking a lot of air from somewhere.

His airdog appears to be cavitating. He had about a 1/2 tank and the airdog is hooked directly to the cp3. CP3 passes all the tests once the airdog gets up to speed. It takes a few minutes for it to get to 4psi and after about 5 minutes it will finally go to 20psi. Looks like it has been on the truck for a long time. Nice truck though!

I was thinking maybe the draw straw might be sucking air if his tank was low, but at half tank I don't know where it could be sucking that much air in.

Thanks Mark I was talking to the warranty dept at air dog and they were asking me exactly what was going on I did not know what to tell them.

These guys were great to work with. They got it in in good time took very little time to diagnose and treated me very good with the parts swap out. Thanks Jason