Truck drives "heavy"

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
Ok guys, my truck is starting to feel "heavy" for lack of a better word. Just seems like when I accelerate and/or let off the pedal, it just feels like it doesn't roll as smoothly as usual. Just seems like I have to give it more throttle all the time. I hope this makes sense. What are your thoughts?

For the record, last week I had the truck at Ford for the following...

Transmission flush/Filters changed
Oil/Filter Change
Fuel Filters changed

Jack it up and make sure the brakes are hanging up. The SD rear brakes are junk and know for hanging up. A good place to start.

yea, brakes are a good place to start, also the hubs and stuff kinda suck too, they may be on the way out.

Hell I need a brake job as it is anyway. Also just noticed what looks like a light leak where the rear driveshaft meets the differential....

My pinios seal started leaking at about 500 miles...it just weeps at 162K+ now so I don't even worry about it.

So youve never worried about it at all Rich? Ive never seen anything on the ground, just looks like the bottom of the diff. is damp. Not dripping wet or anything, just damp.

Mine leaks with 75K. I just make sure to check and fill it every time I make a long trip. Rearend grease is cheap compared to burning up the rearend.

park your truck at the square at night maybe some fat drunk chick decided to take a nap in the bed

Back