Truck just dies for no reason

railguy1

I have no title
This is not my truck but a freind's. I helped him install his chip a week ago and everything works fine. Today while driving it just dies for no reason (kinda scary on the freeway doing 70). Any way i looked at it to make sure the 10mm bolt in the engine to the computer was tight I got a few more turns out of it. He went to leave and it would not start the wait to start light did not come on. I moved the plug around and it started and the check engine light is on now.. Any ideas on what it could be is the plug not put in all the way? Thanks for your help...

Contacts could not be cleaned well enough. I would remove the chip and see if the problem persists. You need to be careful or you could fry the PCM. Make sure the contacts are good and clean, then secure the chip tight in the slot with some duct tape.

If it continues, I would change the CPS

mine did the same thing the other day i was merging on to the highway and boom done but i pushed in the clutch and it started right up my tape had come off the chip and i put new on and this never happened again