Truck no Go When Pushing The Go Pedal

Ramprat

The VFD has a 2000 F550 PowerStroke with the 7.3 and she's got a small problem.

Every now and again when ya come to a stop and then try to start up the truck does not move. You can floor the go pedal & nothing at all happens, but after pumping the brakes 2-3 times she will take off like nothing happened.

The local Ford stealership has no idea what's wrong with her & put in some kind of capture box that the driver can push a button on to take a "picture" of the computer to see what's going on.

I got in a arguement with a Mr Know-it-all who is swearing the CPS is going bad, but she starts and runs fine & the motor does not die or even stall out when the no go problem happens so that tells me it's not the CPS.

Any ideas????

Does the truck have a PTO, AIC or some type of remote throttle ??If not its prolly the GO pedal itself..Let me know,, Take care
Does it have air brakes??

Last edited:
it's got the auto e-brake throttle where ya set the e-brake and she spools up a tad to run the lights & other electrical stuff.

Howevr, it's working like normal & the only problem is every once in a while ya just can't make her go by pushing down on the go pedal.

Ramprat said:
it's got the auto e-brake throttle where ya set the e-brake and she spools up a tad to run the lights & other electrical stuff.

Howevr, it's working like normal & the only problem is every once in a while ya just can't make her go by pushing down on the go pedal.
Id say its the go pedal.. Ive got one if you need it $$ let me know..

It could possibly be the CPS. I know here at TS Performance the tow truck we use was having some issues not with the Throttle, but just acting like it had a slight miss to it. So we replaced the cam sensor and it has been running great ever since. If you think about it that Cam sensor takes a read for the computer to know what degree the cam shaft is at so that fuel can be delivered accurately to each cylinder.

Also check the end play in the turbo on the Compressor side. If the wheel is hitting the Compressor housing then it is stalling the turbo and that is the non response you are feeling.

Last edited:
Ramprat said:
The VFD has a 2000 F550 PowerStroke with the 7.3 and she's got a small problem.

Every now and again when ya come to a stop and then try to start up the truck does not move. You can floor the go pedal & nothing at all happens, but after pumping the brakes 2-3 times she will take off like nothing happened.

The local Ford stealership has no idea what's wrong with her & put in some kind of capture box that the driver can push a button on to take a "picture" of the computer to see what's going on.

I got in a arguement with a Mr Know-it-all who is swearing the CPS is going bad, but she starts and runs fine & the motor does not die or even stall out when the no go problem happens so that tells me it's not the CPS.

Any ideas????

Do the rpm's increase whe you step on the gas? If not then I would be looking at the fuel pedal itself. may have a bad connection. If your rpm's increase with the pedal then problems may lie in the tranny. Dirty filter????
Just my 2 cents.

Wigled and played with the connections on the pedals and it's not done it since :woohoo: :woohoo:

Welcome aboard Rampy, I was not aware you had made it over here :rockwoot: