Truck revs too fast

WyomingDiesel

I have a 93 and I put a 3200 rpm spring in. I also busted off the collar and was going to turn in the fuel screw but have not right now. THe problem is when I start the truck up it idles fine but when I rev it up it doesnt come back down all the way. My rpm gauge doesnt work so not sure what the r's are. If I shut the truck off and restart it, it idles again. I backed the fuel screw out until it will come back down to idle again but now the fuel screw is out farther than stock and when I rev it up from the sound it is higher than it should be and still takes a little bit to come back dow nto idle. HELP

did you get your throttle indexing right when you put 3200 spring in?

tried that would idle one spot so moved it one notch and it did. Trouble is too high of r's and doesnt back down when you let off.

tried that would idle one spot so moved it one notch and it did. Trouble is too high of r's and doesnt back down when you let off.

i would bet that you didnt index it the same .or the throttle index moved a bit in the adjustment,other then the shaft itself.
when you put the 3600 spring in where it hooks to the linkage there is a little spring under the "hat piece" .

when i did mine i didnt put the spring back in and when i got it all back together it would idle but when there was a load on it.ie putting it in gear it would drop idle almost to a stall.
after a hour of indexing /idle adjustments i pulled it apart again and found the issue.

I indexed it many times. the spring is behind the hat piece on the little pin like it should be. THe truck idles fine until you hit the throttle then returning to idle is the issue.

sounds like runaway is close to me if youve indexed the throttle many times.

back off the fuel screw 1/2 turn and see if it still does it.

Is the throttle linkage on the pump going all the way back to the low idle screw? You may have to put a spring on it to the radiatorto pull it all the way back down.

Problem is now I have the fuel screw farther out than stock to even get it to return to idle. ALso yes the linkage returns to idle just fine so I dont need a spring to the radiator.

does the manual shut off lever seem to move fine with not much resistance? and no sticking or catching?