Truck runs better with the #10 plate in than it does now.

Light It Up

WTF. I took the #10 fuel plate out so Im running no plate with Comp dvs 5ksgk and 250 injectors and it runs harder with the plate in it. The smoke is not bad at all either. With the plate It wouldnt even puff black at idle but now it will throw a decent cloud out, not anything like my vp setup. It pulled 50psi boost just now and i pulled well over 50 with the #10 plate in.

When im WOT there is a decent trail of smoke. I wouldnt think its to much fuel. If anyone could help me out it would be great. Thanks

Tuning issues, 215 pumps retard timing over 13mm of rack travel, 4 degrees from what i remember from Smokems posts, do you have the afc modded for full travel? Many guys with no plate will like a stiff afc spring. You also could be overfueling it down low and then with more rack travel the later injection could be hurting the power. Many with 215 pumps like around 20 degrees of timing.

That's really odd. Mine runs way better with no afc or plate. I also removed my fuel tank and put in an old 30 gallon propane tank with an air fitting in the fill cap. I have onboard air and keep the tank pressurized to 120psi to make it easier for the FASS to suck the fuel out. It doubled the life of the FASS pump. They last 6 months instead of 3 now.