truck shut off while idling up.

moparnut

hello i have a 2005 f350 6.0L with 100 000 miles on it i just had the FICM replaced with a brand new unit 2 weeks ago at ford. it ran great for about two weeks now i washed it about 3 days ago at a car wash i never sprad under the hood or anything now when i was done and about 2 miles away from the car wash my throttle just stopped working so i stopped and turned it off and restarted it and it worked. then when i started it tonight (-7 C) it started ok but kinda a hard start i got into the house when the high idle started to come on but then it revved way up and stopped running. sounded like someone hit the throttle before it stopped. now it will start but when the high idle goes on it has a hard time to keep its self runnin. so what do u guys think it could be.
i have these codes.

P0108
P2104
P2123
P2138
P2139
P2140

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS.

Mine did that twice after a car wash. after a few days it worked itself out.

Sounds like something electrical got wet. Those codes are related to the throttle position sensor and the MAP sensor. Could just need to dry out. It could also be a plug to the PCM has gotten jarred or wet, or the PCM has issues, but since you just had it washed I'd bet it's ok.

Back