Truck Surging Fix (interesting)

Billysgoat

The ANTI-BLING!
A gent in the park a couple spots down has an 00 QC tat he wanted to add some spunk to, I hooked him up with a vendor or two to call and he now has a much quicker truck that had a slight problem. At around 45-50MPH upon TQ lockup it would surge really bad from the TQ locking and unlocking, I am not that familiar with the autos in these trucks, I row my own for a reason :ylsuper:So, call Timmy for some insight and he gives me a list of items to check and/or do. Buuuut.....previously this truck had the same problem, after much grief and $$$ it was found to be a pin connector to the ECM had a bad connection and we checked that first, sure enough the wire that relays inputs to the PCM from the APPS was very loose, one little tug and the wire was in my hand with the pin still in the plug :bang Got the pin out of the plug and re-soldered the wire in. Test drive showed the problem as being fixed.

Now, here is what we figured happened, when he installed the Edge Juice to tap the IP wire the fuel filter cannister was unbolted and layed to the side, rigt on top of the harness connector going into the ECM, with a substandard repair on that pin in the first place that little bit of extra stress was enough to make the connection wonky and cause the problem.

One to add to the "look at" list for a surging truck, this could be seen more often with the increasing age of the 24V fleet.

FYI, enjoy

Thanks, I know a truck w/ a surging prob that I'm gonna check that out!

Lavon

Back