Truck throwing CEL at 105ish mph

CarolineCummins

Tire Destroyer
well it happened to me twice today first time was this afternoon doing a burnout the truck hit about 105 and threw a CEL and so i checked it with my smarty and it was a map sensor voltage 2 high so i cleared it and about a half hour ago on my way home i decided to crank down on her and she hit about a 110 and it threw the same code again! What could be causing this? It didnt happen untill i hooked my puck back up but the puck was turned off both times today when i got the code. This never happened before with my predator or smarty but im also running the beta 4.2 now. Bad connection on the map sensor plug maybe? (ill double check tomarrow) Sorry for the long winded post just wonderin whats goin on since this has never happened before and i cant keep havin the truck throw a code and defueling on me in the middle of a race or burnout LOLLOL

well it happened to me twice today first time was this afternoon doing a burnout the truck hit about 105 and threw a CEL and so i checked it with my smarty and it was a map sensor voltage 2 high so i cleared it and about a half hour ago on my way home i decided to crank down on her and she hit about a 110 and it threw the same code again! What could be causing this? It didnt happen untill i hooked my puck back up but the puck was turned off both times today when i got the code. This never happened before with my predator or smarty but im also running the beta 4.2 now. Bad connection on the map sensor plug maybe? (ill double check tomarrow) Sorry for the long winded post just wonderin whats goin on since this has never happened before and i cant keep havin the truck throw a code and defueling on me in the middle of a race or burnout LOLLOL

you're likely hitting the speed limiter which will have the truck defuel right around that speed. It's been so long that I've used 4.2 so I don't remember is it had the speed limit adjustment. You may need to upgrade your software so you can turn the limiter off.

If it is MAP sensor voltage too high, you are holding high boost for a certain amount of time. When the computer sees high pressure for too long, it will throw a code. You have a boost fooler?

you're likely hitting the speed limiter which will have the truck defuel right around that speed. It's been so long that I've used 4.2 so I don't remember is it had the speed limit adjustment. You may need to upgrade your software so you can turn the limiter off.

The 4.2 has the speed limiter adjustment and it was set at 160

If it is MAP sensor voltage too high, you are holding high boost for a certain amount of time. When the computer sees high pressure for too long, it will throw a code. You have a boost fooler?

Yes I have a boost fooler but its not hooked up you think that would solve my problem?

if you're running more than 40 to 44psi of boost... yes, you need it. That very well could be your problem

Where did it throw the code at on the way home little buddy? near flemming road there?

Where did it throw the code at on the way home little buddy? near flemming road there?

yea it threw it just before flemming when i hit about 110ish then it crept to 115 then i let off cuz i didnt want to run over bambi and familyLOLLOL

LMFAO ya that would have been a good one to explain to the insurance company on both our parts. how you splattered bambi and how i rearended you