Truck with changable bed?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Do you guy's have in US this type of equipment in use.

Normally here ( I am in Europe) we have big semi truck with so -called multilift beds, but not availabele RAM size trucks
Multilift_systems_1.jpg

I have had idea long time to build something similar ,but based on Ram 3500

but yesterday I saw this small VW (55kw) with same bed configuration. :rockwoot: , according to text the VW was built in Germany

17990080.jpg

17990083.jpg

17990089.jpg

Picture and text from Internet

w_bed_6_595_-_price_6_595_19751480.jpg

1994 Chev 1 Ton Hook Lift Truck, V8 gas engine, automatic transmission, 124,439 miles, Stellar Shuttle Hook System w/12' x 8' steel bed w/24" removable sides and 3' rear ramp $6,595 Stock# 78 See this item and more on our website

Yup 1 ton Cummins local to me uses this system. He has a flatbed dump bed and dumperster container unit. He works construction so its a perfect setup for that

The cable-wintch is not so comfortable (you must go out and hook the cablke) as hydraulic hook (you can lift the bed sitting in the cab)

The arm type can not pick up my 8,000 lb. excavators. And yes I know they claim they can but they can not.

It seems that Palfinger makes a setup that would fit on a pickup. I bet those aren't cheap, but they do exist

It seems that Palfinger makes a setup that would fit on a pickup. I bet those aren't cheap, but they do exist

I don't wan to buy , I just want feedback from people who have used it before maybe some pictures.... to do my own designe and build it by myself

Hook-lift trucks are sweet. Way better than roll-offs IMO. We have a couple of them at work, one on a Kenworth and another on a Peterbilt. Here are a few pictures of the KW:
l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg