Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Not gay at all, the 7" straights on the KW I drive are utterly obnoxious. I enjoyed the nice deep rumble of that Cummins cruising at 75mph and I was still able to hear myself think. I think once I load the cab and sleeper full of dynamat it will be great

Is there any way to calibrate the speedometers? Mine was 15mph slow

Most are driven off of a gear that rides on the output shaft of the transmission, if the truck has ever had the rears swapped to a different ratio then it would read off, only way to change this style setup is to change the small gear set that is somewhere in the cable, but who knows what you would need to change it too.

You might have to pull a dash panel and make sure the cable is screwed into the back of the speedo all the way, it would actually be a good time to just remove it and examine the end of it to see if it is worn down and maybe slipping in the drive on the speedo.

I'm headed up to do my two weeks in north Dakota, when I get home I'll check it out

817BAC82-04F0-4561-88C1-63DB7E7C5F86_zpscxz6oav6.jpg

You pulling at Osgood, IN last weekend?

I'll get some more in a few days when we finish up hauling wheat. I'm currently waiting on another pallet of goodies to arrive from 12 gauge customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your my new best friend k?

Done! Any bets if they last longer than the stock studs?
e9a2y4av.jpg

And yes the block is orange.

This was at Williamstown, I couldn't make it to osgood, the truck your thinking of belongs to a friend of mine.

I didn't recall your truck being at Osgood but the sled and banners all matched so I thought I might have missed it somehow. Makes sense that you were at another BOB pull. Are you talking about Monty (unsure of last name), with a dual stack, red with black and silver stripes, cummins, cabover kW? If so, that is one running truck!

Edit: will you be pulling at wilmington next week?

Last edited:
Did you have to drill out spacers too? What about that short sob under the turbo flange.

Nope, fit perfect through the spacers......like they were made for them! Just got a shorter bolt. Have to look at the bill for the sizes I ordered but they were about 1/2 the price of the Cat studs/nuts and can't be much worse.

I didn't recall your truck being at Osgood but the sled and banners all matched so I thought I might have missed it somehow. Makes sense that you were at another BOB pull. Are you talking about Monty (unsure of last name), with a dual stack, red with black and silver stripes, cummins, cabover kW? If so, that is one running truck!

Edit: will you be pulling at wilmington next week?

Yeah, Monty's truck runs good. I don't know of I am going to wilmington or not, might go pull with BOB in Indiana, just depends on what I feel like.

What did you think of the little black Mack?

Last edited:
Nope, fit perfect through the spacers......like they were made for them! Just got a shorter bolt. Have to look at the bill for the sizes I ordered but they were about 1/2 the price of the Cat studs/nuts and can't be much worse.

I didn't think they were very expensive, those are probably close to what I am running in my big cam manifold. They are holding up good, starting to rust a little on the heads but they have been on there for three years and have seen some heat.

I'm gonna put it to a vote since Rick thinks they're gay and I think they're awesome, who agrees that kenworth hose guards would look good on a 359?

pu3ygupe.jpg

I'm gonna put it to a vote since Rick thinks they're gay and I think they're awesome, who agrees that kenworth hose guards would look good on a 359?

pu3ygupe.jpg

Absolutely not!!! No no no no!!!

That pic is on a KW, just used it as an example to show what I'm talking about

Back