true 900+ hp daily drivers

No.

With only Flux 5s it was making 989 to the ground with no smoke (well it would smoke on launch). Slight haze at idle, not as bad as I thought it would be. On injectors only, i think it was close to 570 or so. Once you turned up the programming, it was totally different.

565-625 with the "old school" inj. like we have, well, the rest of us anyhow.

hey Don, when can i get a set of "superchromagnums"?:hehe:

i remember meacham evans saying that he drove his Deere-Injected cummins to the gas station once, and that it was interesting to say the least.

No.

With only Flux 5s it was making 989 to the ground with no smoke (well it would smoke on launch). Slight haze at idle, not as bad as I thought it would be. On injectors only, i think it was close to 570 or so. Once you turned up the programming, it was totally different.
ha ha must be that banks sticker you got on your bumper that makes it burn so clean lol, jk banks guys. ericks truck burns incredibly clean for the power it makes. you can see on his pass in sac that it was virtualy smokeless except for launch.

821 hp on #2 only with 181 DV's, 850 with .022 DV's and 873 with water....fall of 2005, drove it there (Dallas Tx) and back from OKC and averaged 20K a year on the truck.

Didn't see the dyno sheet in my collection but I did see one from 3/16/02 at 245 HP :)

Jim

you cr guys are the only ones who are going to do it. mine should be knocking on the door of 600 and its absolutely hateful to drive just on the injectors. and the fuel mileage is terrible. like 4-5 mpg, and i dont see a p pump truck having any manners at all either. thats one thing you guys can enjoy about those cackling common rails.... yuck!!:kick::hehe:

You need to find some time to tune that thing;) I need to get mine on a dyno, and though I'm nowhere near 900hp, I should be over 600hp, and mine couldn't be much nicer to drive, other than a little hard starting and being cold natured:D Mileage is about 15mpg around town this winter.

821 hp on #2 only with 181 DV's, 850 with .022 DV's and 873 with water....fall of 2005, drove it there (Dallas Tx) and back from OKC and averaged 20K a year on the truck.

Didn't see the dyno sheet in my collection but I did see one from 3/16/02 at 245 HP :)

Jim

Rub it in Jim...you suck:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Chris

The truck is a 2wd Mega Cab and when we drove it to TS last year it got a hand calculated 21.5 mpg on the way there at 65mph-75mph and on the way back it got 20.3 at 70mph-80+ and made 840hp fuel only and 870hp with water, since then we changed the cam and did a ZZ intake and it went 924hp fuel only on several different Dynos and still gets over 20mpg and is a whole lot cleaner and very easy to drive on the street.

Hell Austin is a "Green" town and he gets no complaints. When we drove it to TS it was on Smarty LVL 9. As for turning it down he doesn't want to drive it with the Smarty off and on the lowest setting it is well over 750 hp, I guess we could try it without the Smarty but why it is pretty clean and gets good milage so why?

Pistons have looked great every time we had the head off and he does drive it a lot to work every day and back and forth from Austin to Dallas, he has put 20 thousand miles on it since TS in the spring. So it can be done on a well set-up truck if good parts and tuning is used. These twins are II Race twins, and a set of II Big Stiks and just a air to air intercooler.

Jared

The truck is a 2wd Mega Cab and when we drove it to TS last year it got a hand calculated 21.5 mpg on the way there at 65mph-75mph and on the way back it got 20.3 at 70mph-80+ and made 840hp fuel only and 870hp with water, since then we changed the cam and did a ZZ intake and it went 924hp fuel only on several different Dynos and still gets over 20mpg and is a whole lot cleaner and very easy to drive on the street.

Hell Austin is a "Green" town and he gets no complaints. When we drove it to TS it was on Smarty LVL 9. As for turning it down he doesn't want to drive it with the Smarty off and on the lowest setting it is well over 750 hp, I guess we could try it without the Smarty but why it is pretty clean and gets good milage so why?

Pistons have looked great every time we had the head off and he does drive it a lot to work every day and back and forth from Austin to Dallas, he has put 20 thousand miles on it since TS in the spring. So it can be done on a well set-up truck if good parts and tuning is used. These twins are II Race twins, and a set of II Big Stiks and just a air to air intercooler.

Jared
Is this the white one with dubs?

Daily driver here, and turn the programming down when my much better half uses it. When I drive around town, I typically use a mid range setting on the TST and EZ, and would hazard a total SWAG putting it in the 600 rwhp range. With the programmers on kill, it smokes too much for my liking as a daily driver.

Recently installed bigger sticks and a larger set of chargers with 900ish in mind. Not sure where I am at, but should be comfortably into the 800 range with the right programming. Numbers in the sig below were DF2 only using Flux 3.3s and PS62 / B2 chargers.

The truck is getting the finishing touches on a tranny upgrade, and should have it back today. Will dyno sooner or later and take it to the track to see what it will do.

Keys to this driveability include the 600 foot elevation where I live. :hehe:

I remember that truck at TS last year....nice looking rig.

Another question.....for you guys over 600-650 or so.
When you're WOT....how smooth is everything ?
I get a vibration when I'm on it real hard....I feel it in the steering wheel and the pedal. I'm inclined to think it's driveline related...probably the torque pushing the driveshaft angles out of whack.
Thought I'd ask if anyone else has anything similar happening.

I've changed so much stuff on my truck it makes it hard to chase down little issues like that sometimes.

I get a vibration when I'm on it real hard....I feel it in the steering wheel and the pedal. I'm inclined to think it's driveline related...probably the torque pushing the driveshaft angles out of whack.

I've changed so much stuff on my truck it makes it hard to chase down little issues like that sometimes.

I've had a vibration in my throttle for years. I use the cruise a lot because of it, no more tennis shoes to drive the truck. nothing in the steering.

Lets put it this way, with wickeds 150 injectors and sealing up the head gasket, even with the rail pressure a little low (leaking cross overs i HOPE!), WOT in 5th and 6th up to 120, the GF doesn't even stop reading her book or playing solitate on the her ipod! LOL The truck used to have a nice vibration, I chalked it up to something the truck wasn't originally designed to do

with the bigger sticks, trucks smokey now again on WOT, nice dust trail. however the boost does peek at 50 and settle to 45, blowing hte wastegate out a little. I know I just need a bigger turbo now. Plus the rail pressure is down 6-8K at WOT, that doesn't help with over all timing.

Mine is smooth as can be in an 8000lb truck anyway, steering is a little loose:D

Tire a little out of balance?? I've heard the bigger stuff can be a little picky!

Chris

Tire a little out of balance?? I've heard the bigger stuff can be a little picky!

It's not picky...it's a pain in the ass.
I'm constantly rebalancing the tires, brakes don't last but about 50,000 miles and it eats ball joints like a kid eating candy.

It's all part of the game though...I've been playing it for years.

I know I need to get under it with a degree finder and check all the driveline angles. I had everything set for the old motor and trans but thngs are different under there now.

It's not picky...it's a pain in the ass.
I'm constantly rebalancing the tires, brakes don't last but about 50,000 miles and it eats ball joints like a kid eating candy.

It's all part of the game though...I've been playing it for years.

I know I need to get under it with a degree finder and check all the driveline angles. I had everything set for the old motor and trans but thngs are different under there now.

The next truck show you are at, I'll be sure to tip off the judge to ensure your drive angles are correct :)

is robert (k.frog) up there 800-900 range? i know II put a race twin setup on his truck..

Yeah, hes the one I was talking about, drove from Reno to Redding, didnt change a thing(programming), pulled on the dyno and laid down 840hp, fuel only.

Our white truck is very mild on the street, it drives like stock.

However, the amount of safety equipment you need to race it makes it a lousy daily driver. It certainly can be a primary transportation truck, and has been used for deliveries and pickups, but it's safer to take a truck without a rollcage and metal seat.

In terms of how it drives at WOT, pretty solid honestly. No shakes or quakes. Stock tires and suspension at this point.

One thing I added and thought made good sense was a fluid damper harmonic balancer. I can't prove a thing one way or the other in terms of how well it works, but it seemed to "quiet" things down after the install.

Jared

Drove the truck today in down town Austin in rush hour and it couldn't have been nicer to drive. Maybe a little puff between gear shifts but that's it. No balking or surging or nothing. Hell it's smoother than my truck and almost as smooth as my car.

Uh, why would we 600-650 guys be reading a 900+hp thread:bang. :hehe:

I do believe I am a little over 650hp now with everthing turned up as high as I can support. Other than a little smokey at max settings mine drives fine and always has. I have noticed a little vibration starting in the steering around 60, but I already know that I need to replace the ball joints. We checked them last time I balanced and rotated the tires and the uppers were barely in spec. At 96k that does not bother me since 55k was with lift and 315s, kinda expected it sooner.

For daily driving I set PoD on 45, turn TST off and EZ on Level 1. Still quick enough to beat the Tundras and other wannabees on the beltway. Almost no smoke and get 15-16mpg city and 18-19mpg at 75-80mph on the highway.

I know some of the 900hp guys can daily drive, but I would think most would turn things down for dd in the city. Just to keep smoke down and easier to keep on the road on curves:hehe:.

I can't say that I drive mine on the road much at over 900hp. I usually turn it down to what I'm guessing is 750? It drives fine either way, but turning it down forces me to have a little more self control....

Paul

Back