true 900+ hp daily drivers

i know acouple guys running dual Valet switches on 12v's that are streetable

very true. Chris Werner didn't do 12XX hp on his daily driver injectors, he did a injector swap in the parking lot.

That is the beauty of a Common Rail, electronics. Big twins (usually), big injectors, good rail pressure, etc, and 9XX hp is getting to be the norm. Turn it on 'YEEHAW' when you want to lay a whoopin' down, and then turn everything down when you want to drive it to church. $.02

very true. Chris Werner didn't do 12XX hp on his daily driver injectors, he did a injector swap in the parking lot.

haha, those werent injectors he swapped next to me in the parking lot,,,, those were Lennys version of a garden hose!!! if your talking about Chris's 1450 run

I dont really understand why someone would want to drive a 900hp truck around town, in my opinion it can be absolute trouble. I have drivin Zane's race truck in fact I drove it today me and Zane went for a little ride, I was on I-15 and eased into it at about 60mph when that big charger lights it is on you just hope it stays straight.

sorry dident notice it was dodge competition forum

Last edited:
I have a cr and i made 1296 off of fuel only with a silver bullet. on the engine dyno at cummins and it around 1100 rwhp and i daily drive it.

Those sound like pretty high numbers for a silver bullet,,, Ill admit it is a good turbo, but not that good. I hit over a thousand, but with spray... and that was so far over the map of a silver bullet it isnt funny. I seriously doubt that you could get to 1100 hp on a silverbullet on #2

Just my opinion

Kevin

I dont really understand why someone would want to drive a 900hp truck around town, in my opinion it can be absolute trouble.

Bingo!!!!

I guess maybe it's because I've been driving longer than most here have been alive, but to me, a Daily Driver means "no thinking" driving. Meaning, you get in, turn the key, push the skinny pedal to go, the big pedal to stop, and make sure you obey traffic laws. Thats it!!!

Driving my truck even in trim that dynoed 750 takes EFFORT!!! Lots of thought and observation to drive safely!! Not my idea of something I would want to drive everyday!!:bang

Bingo!!!!

I guess maybe it's because I've been driving longer than most here have been alive, but to me, a Daily Driver means "no thinking" driving. Meaning, you get in, turn the key, push the skinny pedal to go, the big pedal to stop, and make sure you obey traffic laws. Thats it!!!

Driving my truck even in trim that dynoed 750 takes EFFORT!!! Lots of thought and observation to drive safely!! Not my idea of something I would want to drive everyday!!:bang

ya think you can just in get in a Viper or z06 (maybe new zr1?) and just "drive it" with out "thinking"? Can't get any more "street" then that, straight off the show room floor..

Tell me, you think you can't get into trouble with any of them? I heard long long long ago, that like 20% of all vipers sold back in the 90's never made home, folks didn't know exactly what they were buying. That plus a big head, to much money and an ego I'm sure didn't help.

you cr guys are the only ones who are going to do it. mine should be knocking on the door of 600 and its absolutely hateful to drive just on the injectors. and the fuel mileage is terrible. like 4-5 mpg, and i dont see a p pump truck having any manners at all either. thats one thing you guys can enjoy about those cackling common rails.... yuck!!:kick::hehe:

Check for a fuel leak or a bad vp..... I have a similar setup and do about 12.5mpg in the city while driving with the adrenaline on PL05.

I drive everyday at 700ish...sometimes a bunch more...

I guess you get used to it.

I dont really understand why someone would want to drive a 900hp truck around town, in my opinion it can be absolute trouble.

I agree as well, I would suspect my truck being close to 550-600hp and it can get nerve wrecking on the street sometimes. Plus they get smokey the higher the HP.

To the guy up there ^^ I don't think there is anyway you can make 1100 on #2 only with a Silver Bullet, that would completely overcome that charger.

Way,, and then it blows up,, LOL,, I know first hand how far you can take it,,

Kevin

ya think you can just in get in a Viper or z06 (maybe new zr1?) and just "drive it" with out "thinking"? Can't get any more "street" then that, straight off the show room floor..

2 totally different vehicles between those and a truck!!! Furthermore I would venture to say that atleast 95% of the Viper and Z06 owners DON'T DAILY DRIVE them either!! :rolleyes:

2 totally different vehicles between those and a truck!!! Furthermore I would venture to say that atleast 95% of the Viper and Z06 owners DON'T DAILY DRIVE them either!! :rolleyes:

Vipers, maybe not every day. they do beat ya up.

Corvettes, so long as it's not snowing in the northern states, you'd be surprised, there are lot of them out all the time in my neck of the woods, some not even washed and just plain dirty! :)

As far as losing control in the truck vs the sports car. The truck you much much more time to react and recover from the rear end getting lose then a vette. Ever get behind the wheel of a vette on a closed course and try to stay between the cones and not worry about hitting a wall or pole? If not, then you need to try it out :)

hmm ~7,000 lb is the avg 2500 diesel weight 10:1 lb:hp is 700 rwhp.
7,000lb with 900rwhp is is 7.7:1 with a min 130"wb
Z06 is ~ 500rwhp and weighs ~3200lb is 6.4:1 plus wb of less then 100"
the z06 is more likely to get out of hand even at a less power to weigh ratio due to the short wheelbase.. due to the fact the rear end will come around ALOT quicker then even a RCLB truck.

i have a DD a couple vehiles in the 7:1 lb:hp range... it "CAN" be a chore at times... you deffantly need to learn how to not re-end someone accelerating. sand in so-cal is common on the roads. not to mention there are idiots on the road to boot. alng with other new types of hazards

yeah you can run that much power in a DD... even though my truck DD about 450rwhp i let very few peopel drive it.. even less with out me there.

its a learnign curve in being able to handle that much power safely on the road.

Vipers, maybe not every day. they do beat ya up.

Corvettes, so long as it's not snowing in the northern states, you'd be surprised, there are lot of them out all the time in my neck of the woods, some not even washed and just plain dirty! :)

As far as losing control in the truck vs the sports car. The truck you much much more time to react and recover from the rear end getting lose then a vette. Ever get behind the wheel of a vette on a closed course and try to stay between the cones and not worry about hitting a wall or pole? If not, then you need to try it out :)

Jason,

I don't really want to argue with you, but you are wrong!!

I happen to have been brought up around racing, driven and raced many "real" race cars and owned many high powered sports cars in my time. In fact, right now I own a Ferrari 308 GTB and my younger Brother and I share driving responsibilites racing his Accura NSX.

I have actual experience driving around a 900 hp diesel truck along with high powered sports cars and my opinion is that I personally would not want to drive either Daily!!

But then again......that's me:what:

Vettes are great daily drivers but they will whip the rear end around very hard and suddenly.

Back