true 900+ hp daily drivers

Jason,

I don't really want to argue with you, but you are wrong!!

I happen to have been brought up around racing, driven and raced many "real" race cars and owned many high powered sports cars in my time. In fact, right now I own a Ferrari 308 GTB and my younger Brother and I share driving responsibilites racing his Accura NSX.

I have actual experience driving around a 900 hp diesel truck along with high powered sports cars and my opinion is that I personally would not want to drive either Daily!!

But then again......that's me:what:

Mid engine cars are very different to drive. They tend to wanna over steer (get lose for you NASCAR folks), The NSX and Ferrari just look fast. However, once they finally get up to speed, require a little bit more then defensive drivers training you got at 16 years old to handle properly. I my self wish to get my paws on an older 911 turbo one day, as far as the year, the newest I can afford! :)

You? at 900? thought it was just 846 with 5 cylinders. LOL :)

My new found power levels do present a nice challenge, maybe near 675 now, feels much stronger then 612. However, I'm confident that it's not "too much". Just use less go peddle!

I do have to say, if I give a high HP truck to some random person, it's freaking a dumb idea.

I made 598 hp with my MP, and I would get 16-18 mpg.

the injectors i were running were bigger than the 8 holes that you have :hehe:
no leaks, they surge so bad the chip is out of the question, just injectors :hehe:

Jason,

I happen to have been brought up around racing, driven and raced many "real" race cars and owned many high powered sports cars in my time. In fact, right now I own a Ferrari 308 GTB and my younger Brother and I share driving responsibilites racing his Accura NSX.

I have actual experience driving around a 900 hp diesel truck along with high powered sports cars and my opinion is that I personally would not want to drive either Daily!!

What would you know about daily driving at that level? Yours didn't last long enough to do it. LOL :hehe: :D Last time I spotted you, you were in a golf cart

What would you know about daily driving at that level? Yours didn't last long enough to do it. LOL :hehe: :D Last time I spotted you, you were in a golf cart

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Jason,

Please tell me the 308 is red and you drive around with a killer mustache and Hawaiin shirt on.

I am at 800, and it drives great, very manageable and you wouldn't know what you were picking on if you felt froggy. Ahhh, the commonrail is great isn't it? Jay

I'm in the middle of the road here with a 12V, at 800+ on fuel I had to pay allot of attention how I drove, no hard throttle stuff unless your not trying to hide.

With my current combo....less than 650 I can drive it like an idiot and I do without smoke issues, I call it real fun power, you can even roll into it and get up on the chargers, smack the crap out of it and be smoke free for a 12V.

Jim

I have a cr and i made 1296 off of fuel only with a silver bullet. on the engine dyno at cummins and it around 1100 rwhp and i daily drive it.

Aren't you the guy who built the 1000 HP vp44 truck for Carrol Shelby? MAN YOU ROCK!!!!!!

STROKER-SMOKER please dont insult us if you have what you say you have than your doing really really good for a 16yr old. I have made it into the low 800's on fuel and 1000+ on spray and i truly drive it every day i even let my girl drive it detuned.

I've driven JohnP's truck many times on the street and it's surprisly effortless to drive considering it's a 820+ hp 12V on fuel. You can drive through the city without getting too smokey as long as you're not hot dogging it and it's really no less driveable than a 400hp truck. The only difference, of course, is that more than half throttle with light up the rears and lay down a little blue and black smoke. I think he's driven it 30 or 40 thousand miles over the last couple years locally and long road trips like Wisonsin and Denver, Co.

I've driven JohnP's truck many times on the street and it's surprisly effortless to drive considering it's a 820+ hp 12V on fuel. You can drive through the city without getting too smokey as long as you're not hot dogging it and it's really no less driveable than a 400hp truck. The only difference, of course, is that more than half throttle with light up the rears and lay down a little blue and black smoke. I think he's driven it 30 or 40 thousand miles over the last couple years locally and long road trips like Wisonsin and Denver, Co.

Your old mans truck definetley has good manners for what it's hiding. He took me out one night and it felt smoother than a small block chevy. But it took about a split second to find out why he wants the seat covered lol.

very true. Chris Werner didn't do 12XX hp on his daily driver injectors, he did a injector swap in the parking lot.

I just found this, and wanted to share some info. Everyday setup has done a best of 998 fuel and 1296 on spray. I also ran 10.74@129 on the all terains and 10.43@131 on slicks. The only time I swaped injectors was for bully dog. I also don't have valet switch just a light foot and pay attention to how much throttle I use.

Back