Tryin to learn and need some help:EGR

nottanuff03

05 powerstroke king ranch, EGR what can i do to delete this where it wont throw a code? also will this void the warranty? any assistance is greatly appreciated. Also can someone point in the right direction for these kits if they are out there? Thanks so much!!:rockwoot:

Do you have a problem with throwin codes or if you take it back to the dealer? thanks for the help guys

With the 05^ trucks you will get a cel with any egr modification. Sct can disable the light. Where are you located?

BLE makes that egr delete plug that comes with a module that plugs into the EGR wiring. Do you suppose that this reproduces the air flow readings or some other functional data and will keep a computer from even noticing that the EGR is gone?

So as to avoid a barrage of replies about how the plug is not better than a full EGR delete, I am not saying that the BLE plug is a better solution. I'm only asking if that module that is in the kit could be added to the full EGR delete to supplement its performance.

Basically whats goin on with me is my friend has an 05 and pulls trailors wth it often. The EGR started to mess up so just lookin for a short cut on it to bypass it and not throw a CEL or void a warranty. Any input on differnt avenues for that? thanks again everyone, great to learn somthin new all the time on comp D

I have MY05 w/ 04 engine. I got CEL when I did the delete. Because of ITP RR location I had to buy an extension/repair EGR plug to extend the EGR valve plug. Zip tied the Valve to the plastic on the fan shroud, plugged in the valve and no more codes. Do not know if this will work on the 05up engines

That's a great idea, you think the air flow from the fan "fools" the valve sensor? Brilliant

Hey, nother question... I removed my fan shroud cover, anyone see an issue with that with temperature? Obviously, there is problem if I stick my hand there and expect the air to stop my hand from being stopped.

That's a great idea, you think the air flow from the fan "fools" the valve sensor? Brilliant

I don't know if the fan air is fooling it or not, I don't know the difference between the EGR valve on 04's and 05's and up. As far as it being brilliant....it keeps my CEL off so I know if I have a REAL issue.

there is no "airflow sensor". The valve uses a resistance scale to determine position. When it is disconnected it faults at the ECM. Thats why you will get a code if you just weld the valve shut also. It can not move into the called for position. SCT tuner or hiding a functioning valve somewhere are your 2 options.

thanks sinner, I read someones post recently stating that they blocked theirs off and then left the egr sitting on top of engine with it plugged in but still got the cel. I thought he said it was due to no airflow. My bad, I guess his egr was just stuck in one position. Thanks again.

thanks sinner, I read someones post recently stating that they blocked theirs off and then left the egr sitting on top of engine with it plugged in but still got the cel. I thought he said it was due to no airflow. My bad, I guess his egr was just stuck in one position. Thanks again.

sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't...

Back