Trying to put a filter where the fuel heater is

89cumminstd

I am moving along pretty good on this p-pump swap thanks to everyone's help here, however I'm running into another issue, the fuel heater that mounts with the lift pump I figure I am just going to do a stock second gen lift pump on here and I'm hoping the cam lobe is the same. Anyways my old first gen fuel filter O-ring is the same size as where the bowl threads on to the heater, but the threads on the heater are course and the first gens are fine on each side of the nipple, I think it would be nice to have the extra filtration. I know genos garage makes a nipple for the heater delete for first gens but that would be fine threaded also wouldn't it? I could just replace the screen on the heater but if putting a filter on there is doable then why not? Whats the reason for heating the fuel anyway? I attached some pics so you guys can bet a good idea what I'm trying to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 0
when we do swaps we don't use them , unless to live in a really cold place (-35) i would file it under G . my two cents

Yeah I think I am just going to take the heater out leave the screen in and call it good enough. I hear the heater doesn't do much anyway.

I'd probably go a step further and mount a filter base under the truck. Makes filter changes much easier, cleans up the engine bay too. Think the bases can be had for like $20 maybe a little more.

I'd probably go a step further and mount a filter base under the truck. Makes filter changes much easier, cleans up the engine bay too. Think the bases can be had for like $20 maybe a little more.

That's a good idea. Doesn't fass make a fuel pump with 2 filters also? I may go this route but I'm not crazy about it being electronic, I like mechanical.