TS Drag Race Prostreet?

unfinished business

I am wondering what, if any, chassis limitations there are in the prostreet class for TS? Are non DOT tires allowed? Back halved? Four Linked? etc

Thank you,

Paul

The spirit of the class is a full size truck. In past years, they wanted factory framerail under the cab. What do you have in mind?

The spirit of the class is a full size truck. In past years, they wanted factory framerail under the cab. What do you have in mind?

I am just double checking. Mine is a full frame street legal and inspected truck. Just wanted to make sure I am looking at the correct class. I am more use to seeing this as a superstreet class which is why I asked.

I appreciate the info.

Paul

You may want to go through the pictures of last year and see if there is a different class that suits. The pro-street trucks normally run mid-9's.

I am just double checking. Mine is a full frame street legal and inspected truck. Just wanted to make sure I am looking at the correct class. I am more use to seeing this as a superstreet class which is why I asked.

I appreciate the info.

Paul

Paul,

There is no NHRDA "Superstreet" class at TS. There is ET, 12.0, Superstock (2.6), and Prostreet for "fullsize" trucks.

Your truck would run Prostreet and the only thing you will have to worry about is that it is over 4500 lb.

I got these rules from the NHRDA website. My question is:

In pro street is there any rules on injection pumps? Sigma allowed? Any transmission limitations?

NHRDA Top Diesel

» Heads-Up class with a 4/10ths Pro Tree, Laddered by ET, Auto Start on
» No weight limitations
» No tire limitations
» No wheelbase limitations
» Chassis must be certified for 8.49 or quicker
» Must meet NHRA tech and safety requirements for MPH and ET
» Must meet NHRA and/or IHRA licensing requirements for MPH and ET

NHRDA Pro-Stock

» Minimum weight: 2350 lbs (w/ Driver) �1%
» No tire limitations
» Maximum wheelbase: 125"
» Chassis must be certified for 9.99 or quicker

NHRDA Pro-Street
» Minimum weight: 4500 lbs (w/ Driver) �1%
» No tire limitations
» Tube chassis prohibited
» Chassis must be certified for 11.49 or quicker

NHRDA Super-Street
» 2wd Minimum weight: 5000 lbs (w/ Driver) �1%, slick tires permitted
» 4wd Minimum weight: 6000 lbs (w/ Driver) �1%, DOT approved tires required
» Tube chassis, back halved, 4-link, 3-link style rear suspension prohibited
(Traction/Ladder Bars allowed)
» Hood Stacks prohibited
» Must have OEM Style transmission (Lenco, Liberty, Bruno, Clutchflite, Danco,
or similar prohibited )
» Engine must be forward of OEM Firewall
» Fuel Tank must be in stock location.
» Battery(s) must be forward of OEM Firewall

NHRDA Super Diesel - 11.90 Index
» Heads-Up class with an 11.90 index, 4/10ths Pro Tree, Laddered by ET, Auto Start on
» No weight limitations
» No tire limitations
» No wheelbase limitations

NHRDA Sportsman ET

» Bracket class with a Sportsman Tree, Laddered by Reaction Time, no Auto Start
» Minimum Dial Time of 12.00 or slower
» Helmet require if faster than 13.99 (Note: Some track require helmets for ALL racers)

Paul,

There is no NHRDA "Superstreet" class at TS. There is ET, 12.0, Superstock (2.6), and Prostreet for "fullsize" trucks.

Your truck would run Prostreet and the only thing you will have to worry about is that it is over 4500 lb.

Greg,

Thank you very much sir. I did not want to strip the truck down and findout there was another class I could have run. Def looking forward to this!

Paul

I don't see anything specific about banning tube chassis in the rules for TS Super Street, or did I miss it? I guess I can always zip tie a couple of stock frame rail sections under the cab ;)

I got these rules from the NHRDA website. My question is:

In pro street is there any rules on injection pumps? Sigma allowed? Any transmission limitations?

In NHRDA no limitations on pump or trans in Pro Street.

Is that a typo is there a 401 lbs no mans land between Super Street and Pro Street in weight in the TS rules? And if so why???:rules:

Super Street - Heads Up. 3500 pound minimum, 4499 pound maximum. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. Aftermarket transmission permitted. No limit on power adders.
Pro-Street- Heads Up 4900 pound Minimum. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET

No typo. You must choose, <4500 or >=4900. Dennis pays the checks, Dennis makes the rules.

Dumb question, but is it a register day of event to race, or how does this work for TS event?

Exactly what classes Are they going to have? I have been the past few years but I have never payed attention to the classes. Thanks.