TS Instigator might be going bad! New box time.

INDSLPWR04

I don't drive my Stroker to much due to me traveling for work and driving my Cherokee to the office when i'm home, but i noticed a signifigant power drop with the TS yesterday after a starteling experience. I started the truck and as i was pulling out of the driveway i slipped the cluch a little to much and it almost stalled. I stapped the clutch and poped the throttle to keep it from stalling. As soon as i did this it started belching black smoke :st:and started missing. I could not get a smooth forward motion as i'm pulling out into traffic. I switched off the box quick and it helped but i had to limp it about a 1/4 mile till i could pull back off the road. The whole way it would poor smoke out, buck hard and miss. I got it into a parking lot and shut it off. It started back up and was fine. Now today i was driving it and noticed the TS didn't reel like it was doing much and it seemed like the motor was running rough. I turned off the box altogether the motor smothed out and runs fine. Could an injector have stuck or maybe the VGT stuck or something?

I was thinking of a SCT or the new Hypermax Mach7. A friends brother has it and likes it allot.

I'd throw a bet at the EGR is full of crud, or is at the very least sticking.

sticking turbo veins..truck needs to be runs..letting them sit for extended periods of time wreaks havoc on 6.0's

take it out and beat on it..they like to be treated like a ***** every once and while.

I unplugged the egr as per TS instructions 4 years ago when i put the box on. As for beating on it..... Well there havent been to many easy miles on it.

04, check the wires going to the pressure sensor in the exhaust manifold. When they chaffe, you get a wacked out signal to the pcm. Which makes it do funny things to the turbo.

Litte sensor with 3 wires comming from it near the front of the drivers side manifold. Follow the wires back and make sure they are not chaffed on anything.

Back