TST Powermax 3 or Edge Drag Comp

Back-N-Black 76

I'm looking at getting a Smarty soon. I was wandering what you guys think? Which one would be a better stack: TST Powermax 3/Smarty or Edge Drag Comp/Smarty?

well the drag comp is a better all around box which is fuel and timing, the TST on the other hand is a fuel box only, but can be upgraded to a tst comp

the smarty on the 2nd gens is not that much of a gain but does make a nice stack with a tst, it's hard to say really...........

probably just use the drag comp by itself and use the money saved and get a larger set of sticks or put towards a charger upgrade

have you tried the search function? you might get some better results that way

x2 on the drag comp and sticks. Smarty doesnt do much for the 2nd gens.

when i ran the tst comp and smarty stacked, it worked really well for me. by far the best stack i ever did.

Smarty gives you better response and more power down low. I'm gonna stack it with my drag comp.

I'm looking at getting a Smarty soon. I was wandering what you guys think? Which one would be a better stack: TST Powermax 3/Smarty or Edge Drag Comp/Smarty?

The TST would be the better stack because you could take advantage of the timing settings on the smarty. The competition upgrade on the tst is cheap and adds a few hundred extra rpms of useable power. The hot rod pump you're running is most likely advancing the timing already so you don't need much more if any.

If I had the money I would go ahead and get new sticks (150's) and the Smarty and TST or EDGE Drag. But then I guess I would need a new spinny thing. If I had the money though that would be no problem.

I do appreciate all yalls advice.

They were bought out a few years ago or partnered with another company or something and have been having some quality control issues. Still a good product. I don't think you will go wrong choosing either of the two to stack with the smarty.

ive been thinking and I may go with the drag comp and some 150 sticks. In the process of saving for new turbo.

TST Comp, the Drag Comp just doesn't have that same response the TST does IMHO, stack the TST with a EZ and take the extra money and grab some 150s. I have ran both boxes and each time I end up going back to a TST, good luck in your choice because you cant go wrong with either, but just remember its not about max hp but more about driveabilty and how the truck responds on a day to day basis. As a matter of fact I liked that combo so much I sold everything and went back to it :Cheer: I couldnt be happier. Here is a old dyno sheet from 2006 with a TST Comp/VA box, II62/12, and stage 5 Jammmers.

scan.jpg