tst powermax cr, smarty, or the new van aaken?

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Just as the title sounds, which is the best to start with and offer the most growing potential? The cmarty, the tst powermax cr, or the new van aaken that is being tested and should be "like" efi live? My dad wants more power and i told him i will find out. He has gauges, and before the tuner goes on he will have a fass 150, exhaust, intake, and a dual feed line. Also what do they do, i.e rail pressure, fp, timing? Plusses and minuses of each.

thanks

Rick

TST is proven...but reliability has been an issue for some. BUS stream, change on the fly. HP is 190+.

Smarty is proven... A downloader that should not be detected after returning to stock. It will adjust many things (almost everything) but not on-the-fly. HP is 170+ at the wheels.

Van Aaken C5 has no record of yet. Van Aaken has always made a good product and I don't see where this box should be any different. However, this is "all new" and they will be the first do make a box like this. .....I would advise caution until proven. HP is said to be 170+

.....BTW, you can Stack the TST and Smarty. Stack = Stupid HP.

Last edited:
Back