TST PowerMax CR Tuner ?

Jazel57

I'm new and would like a little help about my TST PowerMax CR. I have a 2003 Dodge 3500 and finishing up a rebuild of the 5.9L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel. When I got the truck, it already had the PowerMax CR, FASS 150 and Silverline Exhaust. Well, I cooked number 6 and had to do a rebuild. I rebuilt the engine, mostly stock, but added Studs, S400 Twin Turbos, and a host of gauges. Should I still run the PowerMax, I just had it upgrade from TST, add the twin programs and cool down. But was wondering should I've just replaced it or stack it with another programmer like Smarty?

The truck is primarily use to tow a 15lb 5th Wheel and goes up a number of mountain roads. Thanks for your help !!

TST PowerMax CR ?

I'm new and would like a little help about my TST PowerMax CR. I have a 2003 Dodge 3500 and finishing up a rebuild of the 5.9L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel. When I got the truck, it already had the PowerMax CR, FASS 150 and Silverline Exhaust. Well, I cooked number 6 and had to do a rebuild. I rebuilt the engine, mostly stock, but added Studs, S400 Twin Turbos, and a host of gauges. Should I still run the PowerMax, I just had it upgrade from TST, add the twin programs and cool down. But was wondering should I've just replaced it or stack it with another programmer like Smarty?

The truck is primarily use to tow a 15lb 5th Wheel and goes up a number of mountain roads. Thanks for your help !!

That's a 15,000 lb. 5th Wheel. Newbie...

If it were me I would replace the TST with a smarty tuner. No need to stack anything these days.

Then contact a shop who can do Smarty UDC tuning. Google "smarty udc tuning" and start reading everything. There is TONs of information out there on this set up.

Basically it's custom tuning for your specific mods and use for the truck.

UDC is the best option for you.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

Have you done anything for transmission upgrades?

I've got studs, twins, etc and am one of the "old school" commonrail guys. I also have the TST PowerMax CR with the twins program. I have it stacked with Smarty PoD TNT-R (not the UDC). Stacking the two makes a big difference over either in singularity. The UDC would probably be better, but I've got too much going on to change now. Make sure you let Smarty do the timing and RP control, and just use the TST for extra duration on the top end. Don't fatten up the low end (torque) on the TST or you'll drain the rail pretty quick unless you're running dual CP3s.

If you don't have the Smarty UDC tuning option, the Smarty/TST is a good stack, IMHO.

We need more details about your fueling/air to provide a better answer.

If you don't have the Smarty UDC tuning option, the Smarty/TST is a good stack, IMHO.

We need more details about your fueling/air to provide a better answer.

Well, I'm new in the diesel world, but my truck is pretty much stock except, I'm using a stock CP3 with a FASS 150 and just added the S400 Twin Turbo set from Diesel Source. Stock injectors, but maybe thinking about 50hp nozzles in the future.

Back