Tst Problem

Redline Diesel

We put a r 47 TST on a 2003 3500 it causes problems with AC.With TST on the AC compresser will not stay in.yes ac gas is ok.it is changing the voltage.try TST alone...stacked w/mp8...w predator same...take TST off AC works fine w/mp8...predator.

Run the ground wire under to under the dash. I don't understand it, but I was told that it will create too good of a ground if its hooked to the battery or to the fenderwell and cause the air conditioner to have problems.

lcaad1249 said:
Run the ground wire under to under the dash. I don't understand it, but I was told that it will create too good of a ground if its hooked to the battery or to the fenderwell and cause the air conditioner to have problems.

Yup, it's a weird thing with the TST. Run it inside and is should solve the problem. If you call TST, they will tell you the same thing.

im going to guess that the truck has an aftermarket lift pump?
mine was fine, added the fass, then it did the a/c thing. as said, moving the ground will fix the problem

WTF? I don't have a TST but my air conditioner won't blow cold air no more either. Can you give me more info on what is happening? Maybe that is my problem too. I thought I just needed a re-charge. Please explain. Move the ground to the compressor? I'll have to check this out.

4x4dually said:
WTF? I don't have a TST but my air conditioner won't blow cold air no more either. Can you give me more info on what is happening? Maybe that is my problem too. I thought I just needed a re-charge. Please explain. Move the ground to the compressor? I'll have to check this out.

Sorry, don't know the cause, just the fix. You might call TST, I would assume they know since they found the problem.

Ground is ground...wierd. I never thought to see if the compressor was engaging or not. I was just going to take it to my dads and have him hook his charging machine to it. Thanks for the posts guys. You may have cured my problem, I'll try to figure it out.