Tubro vs egt

durawhat?

Diesel Tech
was wondering what some of your guys egt's are with a given turbo, and of course what your fueling mods are. i have a 63/68/.83 on an 03 with 90hp injectors, smarty ssr, air dog and runs hotter than hell at WOT. crusing and towing is fine but when i lay into it 1600+ degrees. hoping for some input. thinking i need to go bigger.

64/65/13ss seem to be a tad cooler with similar fuel mods. But a larger intercooler, side draft intake, ported head, etc will also help aid in cooler EGT's

1. Meh 1600 isn't that hot on WOT bursts.

2. Most likely a result of low rail pressure and poor tuning. 90's are borderline for a healthy pump and conservative duration.

was wondering what some of your guys egt's are with a given turbo, and of course what your fueling mods are. i have a 63/68/.83 on an 03 with 90hp injectors, smarty ssr, air dog and runs hotter than hell at WOT. crusing and towing is fine but when i lay into it 1600+ degrees. hoping for some input. thinking i need to go bigger.

I'd look into a primary before going bigger if you decide to change things up on the turbo end of things. Have you tossed around the idea of an external gate?

I agree that a healthy cp3 and proper tuning will help in the egt department.

Figured out the egt problem, to much high load duration. pulled it back some now only hits about 1350 max. not to impressed with the power though. was thinking about sending the turbo in and having a 66mm compressor fittted for it. should check drive pressure first though, but im lazy lol.

Back