Tuckahoe Pull Date Change

I belive the diesel classes are 8000 lbs for all. Classes will be work stock, 98 and older work stock, 2.6, and 2.8. I believe that you can run weight out front in the 2.6 and 2.8. All trucks will be teched prior to pulling. Please bring any and all tools so the we may access your turbo intake housing. We will be measuring with a machined poly plug for diameter of all classes, and trucks. I will check on weights in the morning to make sure that 8,000 is correct

On the work stock, 2.6 and 2.8 classes we are doing trophies. For the pro- stock we were going to run as an exhibition, but I am working on some sponsorships that might be available. SHould have a definite answer Monday. Would like to have a purse to bring some people in.... Businesses around here are getting a little tight though with the economy...

so what we run in work stock? blocks, turbo size, traction bars?
have some ppl asking where they can find some rules?
And are you going to plug everybodys turbo?
What time is reg?

Complete rules are on: www.tuckahoesteam.org. Follow the link to the pull page, scroll down and follow the diesel, or gas truck rules links. ALL TURBOS WILL BE PLUGGED AT TIME OF TECH INSPECTION ON THE SCALES. Plug will be of a poly or PVC type material. Allowed sizes are in the complete rules. ALL PULLERS MUST PROVIDE OWN TOOLS TO ALLOW TECH INSPECTORS ACCESS TO TURBO INLET. ALL TRUCKS MUST ALLOW TECH INSPECTION TO LOOK COMPLETLY UNDER HOOD, INSIDE CAB, AND TOOLBOX AREAS OF COMPETITION VEHICLES. ANY PULLER WHO FAILS TO COMPLY WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PIT AREA IMMEDIATELY WITH THEIR VEHICLE.
Registration will begin approximately 9:30, pull will begin at 12:00 with a mandatory drivers meeting.
Purse for a pro-stock class is still in the works.....

Hope to see everyone there.

Will probably make that and dyno. No pulling for me though with stock tranny and d70 lol.

can we run 2 classes like tj did back in the spring when we were down? how about with 2 different drivers?

We are gonna make the call on the rain Saturday morning, unless the monsoon beigins earlier than they are calling for. I the event of rain we will POSTPONE UNTIL SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1, at 12:00 same as origionally planned. When we make a decision on the pull I will try to have a post up asap. Hopefully we will have the grounds phone message updated too. PRO- STOCK DIESEL CLASS WILL HAVE A CASH PAYOUT. AS OF TODAY MINIMUM OF 4 PULLERS WILL PAY $100.00 to 1st place. I should have some more money coming in.............

Had a great time, was not expecting the full pull i had and I think alot of others as well. John was the sled set up different then other pulls there?

Every pull is different with the track conditions. Today in the beginning the trucks were getting a better hook than the sled was, which was making it somewhat easier to pull. The Stock gas was almost topping the box. Made for a really good pull though. We had alot more full pulls, but who doesn't love to take it out the gate... We would like to thank everyone who braved the possible weather and hope you had as much fun as we did. First pull at Tuckahoe will be May 16, 2009 we hope to see everyone there. We also will probably have a test and tune sometime earlier in the year. Believe it or not, the track just kept getting better tonight, I was one of the last hooks of the night, and it pulled harder, and hooked better than any of our pulls this year, even better than the PPL pull in july. Hope to see everyone around, we will be having a pullers party in January, and approve the 2009 rules, will post when we get a date set......

yea my last hook in the 2.6 class was my best hook of the year, the track just kept getting better as the day went on.

Back