Tuff Tranny

BLACK OUT

Hey I just bought a 99 Dodge Quad Cab 4X4 and before I start throwing more power at it I want to beef my tranny up. For now I'm thinking of adding a torque converter and more agressive valve body and was wondering what brand people seem to like the most (I was thinking BD or DTT but...) If anyone has some other suggestions lets hear them! :thankyou2:

I use suncoast well that's what dusty at HTS sent with my built tranny. Call him he'll hook you up with some great stuff and they are super people to talk to along with thier customer service. Look them up www.htstransmission.com

southernsilver said:
I use suncoast well that's what dusty at HTS sent with my built tranny. Call him he'll hook you up with some great stuff and they are super people to talk to along with thier customer service. Look them up www.htstransmission.com

Agreed, Dusty's the man:woohoo:

Where you located Black out? Also, how many miles on that trans? If the clutches are on their way out, you may also need a rebuild too. Do it once and do it right, or you will have to do it again. What are your HP goals? Many manufacturers will not honor a warranty if they suggest a billet input and you blow the stock one through the converter.

Dave Goerend. Goerend Brothers Transmission. He is a straight shooter and won't sell you a bunch of stuff you don't need. Be honest about your HP expectations and what your gonna use the truck for. It will save you money in the end. Best warranty out there! 563-778-2719

Timbeaux38 said:
Where you located Black out? Also, how many miles on that trans? If the clutches are on their way out, you may also need a rebuild too. Do it once and do it right, or you will have to do it again. What are your HP goals? Many manufacturers will not honor a warranty if they suggest a billet input and you blow the stock one through the converter.

What he said...

I live up by Logan Utah. The truck right now has 132,xxx miles on it but the guy I bought it from used it to drive between LV and LA so mainly highway miles. So far the tranny hasn't had any problems and a guy from a local diesel shop told me that it felt good and wouldn't be worried about it. But like Timbeaux said i wanna get this done now and hopefully make it last. I'm shooting for the 450-500 hp range

Ifyou plan on doing any racing, you are gonna need some upgraded shafts. You need to talk with AUTHORIZED builders for the major manufacturers in your area to ensure you get a warranty.

I talked to Terry out at MoonLight Diesel and he does alot of DTT stuff and really likes them but he said he's heard good things about the BD ones. Thats why I was wondering. But yeah I have thought about new shafts to but wasn't sure if I'd need them yet

go talk to jason at bakers diesel in west haven next time your down around there guy know his stuff and real easy guy to deal with, wont bs you around and waste your time.

correction

let me correct this post. "I talked to Terry out at MoonLight Diesel and he does alot of DTT stuff and really likes them but he said he's heard good things about the BD ones. Thats why I was wondering. But yeah I have thought about new shafts to but wasn't sure if I'd need them yet"
Terry Is my boss and a DTT authorized dealer/Builder and a dang good one if i might add, he said running a converter and valve body from BD could work but would be taking a gamble and would not be the route he would go. however, adam, another guy i work with, has the BD and hasnt had a problem. sorry jason, i just had to make that correction

pulling a load, pulling at the track, general use or will it hit the track often?

I work construction so every now and then it has to be able to pull some heavy loads (backhoe, dumptrailer, steel frame building pieces, ect) but I also want one that I can go have fun with on the weekends

Hammer Down said:
Terry Is my boss and a DTT authorized dealer/Builder and a dang good one if i might add
That begs the question... why are you even pondering this lmao? You're fired for being an idiot!

Thanks for that Duke, i know where my money will go and it will be into a go fast DTT it is Blackout pondering the question, but thanks for the input.