Tuner for 6.7

boatman22

I have a bone stock 6.7 with 28000 miles. I'm looking for a tuner for fuel mileage when not towing and more torque when towing an 11000lb boat. I would like to get some opinions from people that have used the products they recommend. Thanks for any help.:thankyou2:

If you plan on keeping the DPF and EGR.... TS Performance's MP-8 is an easy adjustable 0-100 added hp.

If not ..... SMARTY!!!! all the way!!!

i think you would see the most benefit from putting a straight pipe exhaust and deleting EGR. i have the edge J/A, and it helps with the mileage, but you cant use it to its full potential without clogging your dpf and going into regen constantly, which will kill any benefit you would have (tried it!). basically any tuner will cause more frequent regens, and removing the emissions stuff and egr will save your turbo as well as get you better milage between lack of regens and less restrictions.

If you do the deletes the xrt is great and customer support is second to none. Those guys will help you in any way they can. To me that mean as much as the product does.

I went with the XRT and 5" deletes. Should have everything by the weekend. After 29600 trouble free miles the engine light came on and overhead says Cat full. Called my dealer to to get the light turned out and they said they need the truck for 3 days.....not going to happen. so I'm bitting the bullet and doing away with the exhaust. I will post my results when finished...Thanks to everyone for the advise.....:redx:

Well after 29600 trouble free miles The Cat full service light came on and 89 miles later left me by the side of the road. Had to have truck towed to the dealer. I should have ordered the delete stuff sooner... Now I know what people mean when the are having trouble with this Al Core s*it.:bang

heard of people putting turbo back kits of early 07 models on the new 6.7 diesels. I sure it will run better and with better mileage also

Just to update everyone....I went with the H&S with 5" DPF delete with a muffler. The hardest part was removing the down pipe with out cutting it. I had to lower the transmission crossmember to remove it. Everything went smoothly.
Installed the H&S and it was also simple with no problems. I now have about 200miles on the new system and could not be happier. Total install time was about 4 hours. The truck runs great has more power and is not much louder than stock. Thanks for all the advise

I put an turbo back exhaust kit from an late 5.9 commonrail on my 6.7. I just fooled the egt probes and welded nuts on the pipe for the rest of the sensors. I saved a ton of money doing thatl.

There are guys reporting 21 to 23 mpg with the Smarty and the 12ME software update on the cummins forum. the 09me, 10me, and 11me software it was way down, BUt Marco turned it around. His last fuel tank that he reported on there yesterday was 990km and 100l to fill, that is 23mpg. on Level #9 everything else default.