Tuner saying Unknown Vehicle on a PPE

WhiteNoise9924v

CUZ/STOCK/SUX
Any ideas on the reason why my brand new and updated PPE tuner would say unknown vehicle when i plug it and and try to put a tune on it...? My trucks is a 07.5 6.7L ....i had heard that dodge sent out a recall on those trucks and was telling ppl that they needed there computer reflashed and what they was rely doing was making to where ppl cant put tuners on there trucks. Anyone have some info?
thanks!

The bootloader software was only on like March 09' and up if I remember right. Might wanna contact PPE tech dept and see what they say.

When was the last time the truck was brought back to the dealer for anything?

i called ppe they said send it back and see what they could do but i know the tuner is ok because it will go onto a 5.9 truck just fine. and ok wood so what your sayin is on the early trucks you cannot download a tuner on them? and idk when it was last takin in i have not called the dodge dealer yet to ask but i just bought the truck in sept.

the bootloader was put on trucks after March 4th 09. It was not something that could be flashed onto the ECM it actually took a new ECM to screw us so no worries there. 99.9% chance that the PPE did not have current enough software on it (your flash probably J35 or whatever is newer and the PPE was not update and compatible with it. This is the same message we get with Smarty if the truck gets reflashed by the dealer to a newer one than what we had on smarty. we had to go the MADS and upload the newest tune or possibly wait for Marco to get the new flash updated for smarty. find out from PPE what the newest flash they are compatible with is and then what flash is on your truck. if its been reflashed byt he dealer they should have put a sticker under the hood saying so. Chrylser was going NTS with new flashes several months ago seemed like a new one every couple weeks to month.

Last edited: