Tuning ? regarding MAP & EBP sensors

2006.1F250

How much input do these sensors have in the tune? Looks like the MAP sensor peaks at 43.46 psi absolute. The EBP sensor was peaking at 53 psi absolute. The barometric sensor was reading 14.43 psi when I was data logging. Curious if these diesels need a MAP sensor that will read higher boost, like the gassers do when you up boost pressure? I'm not asking for any tuning secrets, just want to know if they play a part in tuning.

TIA Donnie

They are important. 5 volts on MAP is 51PSI absolute. If you want something accurate you will have to replace the sensor and rescale the table. Or you could "rig" it with a "fooler" (But I would make fun of that at a later date) This is like 7.3L guys that put the fooler on because they don't know that it can be rescaled in the tune since their map sensor could but swapped out with a 6L one easily.. There are 0-5 volt pressure transducers available in gauge or absolute with 5% or less accuracy tolerance levels. 10% would be cheaper however.... Lets not go that route. The system uses an absolute sensor now and filters the gauge pressure in the computer.

So, for the truck to run properly, you need to upgrade the MAP? Is this an available option for the 6.0? I hear you on the fooler, I'd rather do it right or not at all! Thanks for the input Doug.

If you plan on running more than 36.3lbs of boost at sea level and want to have fueling control of it then yeah.

Thanks again for the input. Looking at pressure transducers, theres quite an option and price range. Looks like a little research is in order.

Back