Turbo and Fueling for 2.6

fearthedeere6.7

This winter money allowing i will be turning my truck into a 2.6 truck since the stock charger wont allow much more fuel.

I plan on goin with 120 sticks

My question is what trubo should i look in running, i thought about reworking my stocker to keep the VGT but i dont know if the drive pressure will be to much

Also CP3s i was gonna run a Stage 3 of some sort. But will i be better off with dual stock ones? Or how does duals work.

Im just looking for ideas

A silver bullet or prostreet66 will work nice. But the new trend is s465s. 2.6 is gettin tuff so you need some fuel to compete with the 5000 rpm boys. I would say do the duel cp3s a be done with it the first time. Pick up another stocker in the classifieds for few hundred and then get the kit.

I take it you have a 6.7L truck. Contact Wes Wade (Rawdiesel on here). They converted a 6.7L truck to a standard turbo 2.6 truck and got rid of all of the emmissions stuff. Looks just like a 5.9 CR under the hood if I remember right.

My buddy has a 6.7 that has no emissions equipment on it, and is running a SPS64. It is a very strong pulling truck, and he could easily use more fuel. He is running an MP-8, Smarty, and 100hp injector tips, and it will clear up the smoke almost completely.

Eric

A silver bullet or prostreet66 will work nice. But the new trend is s465s. 2.6 is gettin tuff so you need some fuel to compete with the 5000 rpm boys. I would say do the duel cp3s a be done with it the first time. Pick up another stocker in the classifieds for few hundred and then get the kit.

Yea rpms will be my down fall till someone gets a tune out. So 2 stock cp3s will flow more than a stage 3? I dont plan on having the top 2.6 truck, im looking to build a good running daily driver that meets 2.6 rules.

floor it does good work on cp3s if you can get ahold of him and like they all said I would ditch the vgt turbo you can only go so far with it. I dont believe you are going to find a tune to 5k rpm maybe 4k. most 5.9L CRs only are going to turn 4k or less with tuning so a 6.7L should be the same case. having a stick will help you keep something lit if you are in the right gear. Kaleb Barrett has put alot of time/money into his 6.7L I believe he is a member on here and will give you some input

contact indianafarmboy (kaleb barret) on here he has a mean 6.7 with dual pumps S400 etc and started with an auto then a g56 now a nv 5600 hes been messing with 6.7s since they came out i dont think you will have enough I have 120s and a stage 3 and a 2.5 turbo and i do decent in workstock but 2.6 id get my but handed to me. Fleece does most of his work i believe they did my cp3 and inj to

looks like on your footage that was a hard track lots of trucks bouncing that doesnt make for a good time

Yeah, it was a little bit rough. Not near as bad as some i have seen though! Definately makes it harder on parts.

Eric

Ditch the VGT i still tow everyday with mine and it is good to go. Our big problem with the 6.7's are the rpm's. Nobody has anything yet for a tune to bump us up even to 4,000(4,500-5,000) would be nice, but Smarty nor H&S seem like they want to mess with it. However it took a little while to get the revo out for the 5.9's. They're fun to mess with but a pain in the ass as well.

i would go with twin cp3's and a floor it stage 3 bottom cp3. im assuming i wont have any fueling problems. i just ran duel stockers on the black truck and never had any fuelling issues but just picked me up a new puller that the duels are going on alond with the already installed floor it pump. Im a 5.9 guy tho.

Ditch the VGT i still tow everyday with mine and it is good to go. Our big problem with the 6.7's are the rpm's. Nobody has anything yet for a tune to bump us up even to 4,000(4,500-5,000) would be nice, but Smarty nor H&S seem like they want to mess with it. However it took a little while to get the revo out for the 5.9's. They're fun to mess with but a pain in the ass as well.

yea hopefully i can get it running good. the wife gave me a budget, so i maybe stuck in workstock next year, unless i get a great deal on a turbo. :bang

yea hopefully i can get it running good. the wife gave me a budget, so i maybe stuck in workstock next year, unless i get a great deal on a turbo. :bang

You can get a good S4 style turbo for around $750-$800 new, dual pumps or a modded single would be plenty of fuel. Flux 4's and a FASS or Air Dog.

Call Bean @ BDP he did my 6.7 conversion in my Super Duty, we have absolutely no emissions junk on this motor and it runs great.

You can get a good S4 style turbo for around $750-$800 new, dual pumps or a modded single would be plenty of fuel. Flux 4's and a FASS or Air Dog.

Call Bean @ BDP he did my 6.7 conversion in my Super Duty, we have absolutely no emissions junk on this motor and it runs great.

Ive got the basic mods, fass, deletes, and a crappy bullydog PMT, I will run that til smarty or HS comes out with a tune that raises the rev limiter. Im going to be doin mechainical fuel and air mods now.

One thing you'll want to watch though is some places wont let you run twin pumps. I know Michindoh and some associated brush pulls only want a single. Just depends on where you plan to pull at though.

you dont have to run dual pumps for a truck to perform well. look at wes wades truck. my truck made 676rwhp with one pump (its a 5.9) but you get the point
I also think running a single pump has less problems and confusion than duals

To be truly competitive in 2.6, you'll need at least a 2.8 s400 with a 2.6. Maybe even a 3.0... A 6.7 should spoool a s480 nicely LOL

Back