Turbo and manifold port matching

erendall86

So got my stock manifold and turbo off tonight got the pdi to go on. Before hand I was give a larger t3 gasket was going to port match the exhaust housing and manifold thought and suggestions would be great how not to mess up the turbo how deep to go into it so on thanks for your suggestions.

Clean your exhuast housing good, and put the gasket against it. Using a sharpie, mark any material that isn't covered by the gasket on the inside. Only go deep enough to taper off any material that was removed from the surface where the manifold and turbo meet. More info on your turbo/truck would be helpful as well.

I mark the gasket shape and blend around as inch or so into the turbine housing. Do take the housing off the turbo so no chips get into the turbo. When blending try and think how water woukd flow over it, and bumps or rapid shape transitions will cause turbulance which can reduce velocity.

If it's a small housing like an he351 make a radius towards the wastegate opening as well

Sorry silver bullet 66 7x.014 sac getting ready for a few fairs so for now doing the manifold and valve springs

[ame="http://s325.photobucket.com/user/erendall86/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140628_221650657_zps10122cfc.jpg.html"]IMG_20140628_221650657_zps10122cfc.jpg Photo by erendall86 | Photobucket[/ame]

Clean your exhuast housing good, and put the gasket against it. Using a sharpie, mark any material that isn't covered by the gasket on the inside. Only go deep enough to taper off any material that was removed from the surface where the manifold and turbo meet. More info on your turbo/truck would be helpful as well.

How would more info of the truck be more helpful to his question?

[ame="http://s325.photobucket.com/user/erendall86/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140629_203314256_zps8bb824ba.jpg.html"]IMG_20140629_203314256_zps8bb824ba.jpg Photo by erendall86 | Photobucket[/ame]

How would more info of the truck be more helpful to his question?

Just to have a better idea of what turbo he had. For example, gasket matching a stock turbo and aftermarket manifold wouldn't be a top priority in my mind.

Back