Turbo Cool Down Timer

delinpa

Dleonhard
What are some suggestions for a cool down timer? I had an Edge CST that had it included, but replaced it with an H&S MiniMaxx, that doesn't have a cool down option. My truck is a 2012. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

I think it's easier just to sit in the truck for an extra 20 seconds.

My problem is I run as a volunteer firefighter. There are many times I run the truck pretty hard to get to the firehouse and then jump out immediately to drive the fire truck. I can't wait for it to cool down. If I'm not going to a fire call, I don't mind waiting.

It would be easier to tell you if i knew which wire to keep it running then cut it off. It could be done with a simple timer if we just knew which wire to toggle. Find that out and I imagine I can help you out.

From dumb phone.

My problem is I run as a volunteer firefighter. There are many times I run the truck pretty hard to get to the firehouse and then jump out immediately to drive the fire truck. I can't wait for it to cool down. If I'm not going to a fire call, I don't mind waiting.

Thats extremely understandable. Good luck with your endeavor.

It would be easier to tell you if i knew which wire to keep it running then cut it off. It could be done with a simple timer if we just knew which wire to toggle. Find that out and I imagine I can help you out.

From dumb phone.

Key switch input to ECM?

Leave it running?

No need to worry about carbon build up you'll just blow it out on the next call that would be my excuse to beat the tar out of it.

I have a viper alarm system with remote start it has a built in turbo timer that let's the truck run whow ever long you set it to when u push the button and turn key off

Key switch input to ECM?

Now that I'm on a desktop where I can type.....

Not sure. All I know is my edge on the 2002 had one wire going to the fuse box for the timer. If the newer models are controlled with one wire as well, then it would be easy.

Just build or buy a presettable timer. You can make one out of a 555 timer chip or probably buy something cheap. All you'd have to do it hook it up to keep that wire hot for the predetermined amount of time. Say, set it at 20 seconds. Trigger it with a momentary switch under the dash or somewhere you can punch it, remove the key, then walk away. Just my thoughts.

Back