turbo/downpipe

cumminspower59

Mind if I Smoke?
I put a new bd 2 piece manifold and an industrial injection turbo on my truck and the msnifold pushed the turbo back some. Now the cast housing that sits between the turbo and tthe downpipe is against thw firewall. I also noticed my downpipe is cracked where the band sits. So my question is, since I have to replace my downpipe anyway is there a way to eliminate that cast piece all together and just connect the downpipe to the back of the turbo?

The new down pipe should connect directly on the turbo anyways? Isn't the turbo just a standard hx40 flange and the down pipe a standard hx40?

I think they are both hx40 ends. I didnt know if the new downpipe would line up to it though since the cast piece bends down

Its either an HX40 flange or 4"V-Band, depending on how the exhaust housing was cut. My understanding is the difference between the two is the OD of the flange and the taper of the sealing surface.

That said, an HX40 Style downpipe should do the trick and let you get rid of the cast piece thats so... factory.

If you're close to West Michigan, I have one i'll sell you cheap. Come get it; a suitcase of Coors Light, its yours.

I wish I was, im in western illinois. I have a downpipe that my buddy gave me thats for an early 04. Not sure what the difference is between the early 04 and the 04.5-07. Figured id give it a try. Your thoughts?

I wish I was, im in western illinois. I have a downpipe that my buddy gave me thats for an early 04. Not sure what the difference is between the early 04 and the 04.5-07. Figured id give it a try. Your thoughts?

How close are you to Marion/Carbondale?

I have an hx40 downpipe I never put on my 06. Has about a 6" section cut from the end that was added to my current downpipe.