Turbo/Exhaust Brake problem

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Have any of you guys ever had a problem with the exhaust brake coming on when first taking off from a stop? It only does it when you first take off and it is like a dead pedal affect in a 24v truck. But it sounds like the brake is coming on. And then as soon as it releases, the truck accelerates normal. Is this an electrical problem in the turbo? Jsut wanted to see if someone has had the problem before I swap turbos on it.

does the truck have the latest program? I think it is more of a EGR/ throttle valve problem. The newest programs reduce the throttle tip in problem.

its a problem within the turbo. I had that happen a few times on the 6.7 that I lemoned. It would also do it high way speeds. scared the crap out of you when you dont expect it. You need a new turbo. are you getting the 2262 code?

Mine just did that crap for the first time this sat. morning, 07 3500 with 11,000 on it. Showed an engine light but haven't checked the code. I didn't know if my 03 tuners would read the 07.

Holler at me and I will explain if you don't know all ready.

Mike

ya my truck does it to, it feels like its going to stall then it picks up and goes... i read something on cumminsforum that its suppose to reduce soot