Turbo feed

PAwhiteboy

Got a new turbo I'm about to drop in. I would like to make sure it is getting the proper amount of oil to it.
Should I have someone crank the motor (no fuel) and put the feed tube into a cup? How much oil should I expect to see after about 10 seconds of cranking?

This is not an exact answer but I stuck the oil feed line into the drain line to just move my truck out of the garage. All I did was crank it and saw oil spraying everywhere almost immediately, couldn't shut it off fast enough before a mess.

If all you've done is pull the turbo, just fill the inlet port of the housing with clean oil, install the feed line, and start it. Don't forget to fill the filter with oil. It will supply the feed line almost instantly.

I know to fill the inlet up with fresh oil. I didn't change the oil so, I thought the filter was already full of oil?? And yes, I fill up the filter with oil when I change to a new filter.

I just want to be sure, there is no issues at all with the oil feed system. Just being cautious I guess.

I usually fill the port with oil and rotate the wheel to move the oil around then connect the feed line.

I usually fill the port with oil and rotate the wheel to move the oil around then connect the feed line.

x2! Disconnect the fuel shut off solenoid if you want and you can crank it a bit first. But the latter works just fine.

Just put some oil in the feed and hook the line up. Nothing special. If you need peace of mind OP just remember you don't do anything special to the turbo every morning when you go out and start your truck.

Back