Turbo for my DD

kuntryboy369

"That Guy"
My hx35 started pumping oil :bang.

2002, 2wd, 3.55, nv4500, 265/70/17. 6x13's, ts mvp, and a little w/m. Im shooting for driveability, and mpg. Im not apposed to adding another turbo when (or if) i add more fuel later. I would prefer a non gated. Ill probably add an egate, and mani soon down the road.

:thankyou2:

My hx35 started pumping oil :bang.

2002, 2wd, 3.55, nv4500, 265/70/17. 6x13's, ts mvp, and a little w/m. Im shooting for driveability, and mpg. Im not apposed to adding another turbo when (or if) i add more fuel later. I would prefer a non gated. Ill probably add an egate, and mani soon down the road.

:thankyou2:
I wouldn't expect a mpg increase when upgrading turbos. Id go with a 63/68/91. T4.

I wouldn't expect a mpg increase when upgrading turbos. Id go with a 63/68/91. T4.

I have been eyeballing the 63/68. Just cant make my mind up on he turb housing. You can get them .91 or .88 out of the box. im just a little worried it will be too laggy.

I have been eyeballing the 63/68. Just cant make my mind up on he turb housing. You can get them .91 or .88 out of the box. im just a little worried it will be too laggy.

.91 divided will be better spooling than the .88 undivided housing.

Do they come with divided housings out of the box? Or will i need to get one machined.

I would not get a T4 .91 housing if were you. You're going to have to get a new manifold or T3/T4 adapter, external wastegate or tune your programmer to defuel at xx psi blah blah blah. Get the 63/68/14 wastegated from dieselautopower (dot) com. Great street manners, easy to tune, and should support 500hp.

Nice to know. I may just get one straight out of the box then. Any reccomendations on where to buy?

Will i need to fab a down pipe if i used a t3-t4 adapter? I dont think i can swing turbo, dp, mani, and egate at the moment.

Will i need to fab a down pipe if i used a t3-t4 adapter? I dont think i can swing turbo, dp, mani, and egate at the moment.
You'll need an hx40 down pipe for a box stock 63/68, also you'll need the marmon flange machined to hx40 flange.

Remember you can get a t3-t4 adapter for 40 bucks. Another thing to rember if is the t4 will breathe better than the gated t3, so an additional gate might not be needed right away.

Last edited:
there is a .83 AR divided that is an option as well but drive pressure will become an issue.