turbo help

kjpcummins

Well we were having problems the whole way back from ohio to iowa yesterday with my friends mega cab dually 6spd. The turbo lghts fine then its like the vanes dont close and is bypassing all the boost and intern was getting horrible mileage. The turbo was also barking a ton with slight on off throttle changes prolly 100times on the way back to iowa. This truck just has the emission deletes and exhaust. Anyone have any ideas. We are thinking of just pulling the turbo and getting another one. What is a very good twoing turbo on the 6.7s. This truck usually pulls cattle or a 26ft gooseneck with a 20,000lb load. Also weighs in at 37,000lbs most of the time. We were considering goin ahead and getting a clutch and either a h&s or smarty. Would a 66/73/.91 be to much on this truck.

Any opinons on single turbo for towing on a 6.7 with all the deletes and h&s black max.

You'd get better results for that question in the 6.7 section on Cumminsforum. To another turbo like that you would have to have the 5.9 manifold, and either the Smarty or an H&S tuner to be code free running an aftermarket turbo.

Let me know if you needed more info than I put in the last email Kyle.

Chris

Will do Chris. When we find time we are goin to clean the turbo up and see what happens. I think he is using this as reason to get a new turbo. We want to go big as we can and still have no problem towing what he tows with this truck. Everything so far points me towards a s366. We plan on running stock injectors and dont plan to upgrade to larger nozzles. This truck goes into hibernation during winter anyways so we arent in a rush.

HTT has a turbo and manifold for the 6.7 i think 1900$ 66/71/16 and stainless manifold 535$:charger: