Turbo issues.

083_mac

Bruiser
I bought a 12cm holset exhaust housing for my h1c back in the day but turned out it had to much shaft play and destroyed the intake housing so i upgraded turbos. Well i took the exhaust housing and put it in the back of the shop for along while. I found a hx35 for 100 bucks for an old farm truck we have thats nothing more than a service truck and put the 12cm housing on it and the turbo had slight shaft play and it did the same. The housing is a wastegated holset housing. Is there anyway the welded shut wastegate could be causing this which i cant imagine so or just the fact that its such a small housing behind a turbo with 190,000 thousand. I think its just the cartridge which i plan on getting one just wanted to see what everybody thought before i go through with the purchase. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Not on the truck its on now its just a old runner truck for the farm 89 all stock. Afc is bottomed out and pin is turned to the steppest side thats all the mods it has minus 4 inch out the back.

Back