Turbo oil return line?

97' CTD

FeFiFo-FoFeFeFi
Can I just use heater hose for my oil return line????????
Brandon

I would not.

Should something go wrong, the turbine hsg is hot enough enough to ignite engine oil, and the engine fan will make sure it gets there.

If you do decide to go that route, buy an extinguisher and keep it in the truck.

Anything that cannot be cut, leak or melt easily. Minimum steel braid hose, prefer metal line.

Lots of folk use water hose for 300 deg engine oil next to a 1100 deg turbine. But lots of folk share their heroin needles too. ;)

If you must use heater hose, check it often and make sure it is secure and shielded from the turbine.

Go find a good hydrolic hose store. My local Parker Store has teflon stainless hoses up to 1" that they can take the heat. Cut the metal lines and weld -10 fittings on them for the hose to thread onto. I did this setup for my twins but with aeroquip hose.

EEP provides their twins with heater hose as the turbo oil drain. We use 1" silicone coolant hose from the big truck supply store to extend the stock steel line once it's ~6" away from the turbo.

Do not use heater hose!!! It is not oil resistant and it will turn to some strange materal and then start leaking. You can use an oil resistant hose of a minimum 1/2" ID. I like 5/8" ID hose. I have used DAYCO Oil resistand 5/8" for years with absolutely no problems(even in really-hot-all-the-time gas applications) You will be fine with an oil resistant hose as long as it is not resting aginst the turbine hsg.
Turbos drain by gravity only so the straighter the better.