Turbo options 6.0?

blackcloudCTD95

Im looking for a good turbo to run with 190cc's ( looking for 500+) If theres better out there then the powermax do share with me. whats the pro's and cons of running non vgt vs VGT? this will be mostly a street truck.. with the option of " playing on the weekend"

Last edited:
How are warren's 175cc with a 62mm vgt?

I Just though of something I dont want to go too big on the injector because I know you get into issues of driveability issues due to failed inj's

I'll be running 190/100s with non vgt 66mm real soon. I'm a fan of the non vgt over vgt.

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

190/100 injectors with a 66/76/90 housing . Streetable if ur use to a vgt Turbo will seem lagy but its not bad at all.

VGT chargers will spool faster but at a cost. Higher drive pressures and they fall on there face fairly soon.
Fixed vane chargers tend to not spool as fast but run with a much better drive pressure ratio and because they usually have a larger exhaust housing then a VGT equivalent, they flow more air on the top end.
I would get away from the vgt's if i were you.

Im looking for a good turbo to run with 190cc's ( looking for 500+) If theres better out there then the powermax do share with me. whats the pro's and cons of running non vgt vs VGT? this will be mostly a street truck.. with the option of " playing on the weekend"

Not sure if you're still in the market for a turbo or not - but there's a fairly new company called MAD Turbo Werks that makes turbos specifically for the 6.0 - so far, the results have been good. There's a Stage 1 turbo, a Hybrid, Stage 2, Stage 3, and a Stage 4. They're all VGT turbos and are making good power.

Stage 1 - has made over 475rwhp on stock sticks
Stage 2 - has made 500rwhp on stock sticks
Stage 3 - has made over 600rwhp w/ 190s (closer to 650rwhp, backed up with track times too)
Stage 4 - will find out this weekend!

My truck dynoed at 500rwhp at Thoroughbred Diesel, and I've got a MTW Stage 2 turbo with stock injectors and stock fuel system.

Yes i still am looking.... I was poking arround all day.. the wife told me to make a christmas list............. OHHHH I MADE ONE ALRIGHT....

its a sold im doing casserly 190/75's
58v ficm and tune on its way already ordered.
Fass on its way.

Now I did alot of research today.. I think if I was to go with the NON vgt Id go for a 64mm but heres my question.. I looked at the pic of RCD's s300 64mm IT LOOKS like the silver bullet turbo off my dodge thats sitting in my shop...... is there any one who sells the flange and pedistal seperate? I guess it comes in a kit? that has the adaptor that goes from the 4 bolt t4 flange to the round v band style ... if I got that and the pedistal i think it could work no?

Not sure if you're still in the market for a turbo or not - but there's a fairly new company called MAD Turbo Werks that makes turbos specifically for the 6.0 - so far, the results have been good. There's a Stage 1 turbo, a Hybrid, Stage 2, Stage 3, and a Stage 4. They're all VGT turbos and are making good power.

Stage 1 - has made over 475rwhp on stock sticks
Stage 2 - has made 500rwhp on stock sticks
Stage 3 - has made over 600rwhp w/ 190s (closer to 650rwhp, backed up with track times too)
Stage 4 - will find out this weekend!

My truck dynoed at 500rwhp at Thoroughbred Diesel, and I've got a MTW Stage 2 turbo with stock injectors and stock fuel system.

Go on ... you have my attention!!! did you have to get custom tuning for the turbo also?

All the Mad Turbo Works turbos need performance tuning. Most all those numbers he quoted required the additional use of Power Hungry Performance FICM tuning of some sort.

Turbonetics makes a kit with everything u need. That turbo will work well with the 190s and supporting mods

Turbonetics makes a kit with everything u need. That turbo will work well with the 190s and supporting mods

there kit is a joke
im running a custom turbonetics kit i made over time
its a dual ball bearing 64/65.83 ar divided housing
with MPD manifolds and divided up pipes runing a jgs 40mm waste gate

its a bad ass set up
from a s366/68 to this was a bye bye lag

Last edited:
there kit is a joke

its a bad ass set up

I built a very similar setup for a guy. He had a 66/71 with a trusted performance kit, their adapter used the stock up-pipes and was way to restrictive. I fabbed new up-pipes into a divided turbine housing with an external gate and it spools super fast with very controllable drive pressure.

there kit is a joke

its a bad ass set up

How does this setup spool? Also how are your EGTs?

Good a lot better than my old s366.
Egts run around the low 1k when running at 70mph
Wot they will hit over 15k on like 0-60 wot
I only have a lag problem when I'm get stuck in od at like 45.

Don't know how soon you're looking to get this done, I am about to commence my 6.0.4 project. Using 6.4L turbo's on my 03' 6.0 truck. So far everyone is guessing 450-475 on stock sticks. I hope to put in 190/75's and push 550hp. Take a look at the thread over at PSA called "6.0.4 Revisited". I was planning on starting a thread here when I start the build however it will be a crash build and I hope/expect to have it done in 1-2weeks during my after hours.

My $.02

-Jon

Last edited:
Its all depending on who you get injectors from....some 190cc may be 200ccs by some companys. ugh

Forgot to mention, I am also looking to do this as a budget compound kit. Won't cost nearly as much as most compound kits out there as I am looking to make a kit to make it all work, then you just need to pick up the missing pieces.

At the very least keep an eye out I'll have some big updates coming soon.

Jon