turbo options for 2012? ...EGT's

brucer

Seems as though it's turbo time if I want to lower my EGT's. Does anyone HAVE a 6.7 turbo setup with exhaust brake they can provide some feedback on?

I want an exhaust brake and Industrial Injection says I'd then be best to keep the stock turbo and do a compound kit but they're kinda spendy. Whatever I end up doing, I do want an exhaust brake no matter what - I use it all the time.

I'm not exactly after a lot more power than I have, basically want the power I have now with low EGT's. (II says I would be less than 1300 all the time with their compound setup on my stock VGT)

I would vote build your own set with the stock VGT waste gated to the second turbo.

I know several guys are using S480's on bigger twin kits, but I was planning to do an S475 in mine since I haven't added any more fuel beyond better lift to the CP3.

One option that is really sticking in my mind now, as I read more and more about the behavior of the S466 turbos on stock fueled 6.7s is to do a Fleece Billet S466 or Bullseye Batmo S466 with an aftermarket brake on a Steed Speed T4 manifold with the EWG port.

My only concern right now is to the altitude difference between here and GA (Blacks Diesel swears by using the S466/80/.90 on stock fueled 6.7s.).

I'll be interested to see what you find as well.

Phuck that stocker! Build ya a set a nice chargers. S400 as primary over an 80. Forget the exhaust brake but PAC brake does make a 5" weld in unit. Post turbos would be the location.