Turbo options

blackcloudCTD95

I have 100% fix my barking issue witch was the converter. Now for some turbo options I know pdd has done dyno testing but what is the real world differences between the 62/68/12 and the 64.5/68/12. Those as the options then then the 3rd option would be running my 62 phat shaft over a s369

I would like to gather info from people who have tried different singles vs twins. I'm not looking for gobs of hp just 525-600 I know with afc live I can dial back the smoke.

PDD did a great job showing what you get. I bought a 62 before they tested.

Last edited:
My thing is. I don't want to regret going bigger or smaller. Lol that's why I'd like some first hand info. I spoke to a guy who is running a sxe 62 over a 369 and he loves it.. But he only dynoed 419.. It was on a vp truck with 150hp sticks . I have a 64.5 I. My garage I took it off because it was was too laggy 73/14 but it cleared up my top end to a slight gray haze. And when she hit... You knew it I wasn't sure if a 62sxe would do the same 2 secs of spool time vs 14+- hp? I don't tow. And if I did another 64.5 it would be a 68/12 wg

Last edited:
I've got a 64.5/68/.83t4 non gated and absolutely love it. I'm running 6x13's and a drag comp on a vp truck but my track times from last weekend put me around 670-680whp. I drive it everyday and as long as you don't just floor it from a stop it spools pretty good and keeps egt's in check pretty good as well. Making about 55ish psi on my truck

I spoke to a guy who is running a sxe 62 over a 369 and he loves it.. But he only dynoed 419.. It was on a vp truck with 150hp sticks.

This is probably one of the most useless compound setups I've seen yet. In no way shape or form was that a good idea.

Stock over HT60/HT3B. Stock over GT42. Stock over small turbine S475. Stock over 171702 borg. Stock over 171702 with 1.15 T6 housing. Those are inexpensive compound setups for 5-600hp. Use your 62 in place of stock in any of those setups and you have an inexpensive 5-600 hp proven compound setup. Don't reinvent the wheel. The S369 is not the do all turbo everybody seem to think it is.

And spool faster not loosing energy to another turbine. :nail:

Your saying stay single LOL now looking at kits online last night I see some for the ht3b some for the ht60 a lot for the 400 framed turbos.. Nothing really for the gt42 or k31 what other company's make twin kits other then pdd cc and diesel auto source? Oh industrial and bd. I know everyone in their mothers make t4 kits for powerstroke now twin kits. All you have to do is pick what layout you like best for the best price.

Something is telling me a 472 with a 1.10 or 1.25 with the 83 turbine may be the ticket I'm looking for. Or the sxe 472. Then I got to looking At the flow per lb and a lot of the sxe series flow pretty dang close to the older sx 400's

I want to be able to go full fuel and not have to worry about egts.

No, my comment was in regards to that ridiculous compound setup.

A gt42 is extremely similar to the s400. The outlet length is a bit different and can cause bulkhead issues.

Full fuel and a little turbine will not agree with each other.

I've got a 64.5/68/.83t4 non gated and absolutely love it. I'm running 6x13's and a drag comp on a vp truck but my track times from last weekend put me around 670-680whp. I drive it everyday and as long as you don't just floor it from a stop it spools pretty good and keeps egt's in check pretty good as well. Making about 55ish psi on my truck

I ran the 64.5/73/14 it was ok.. If I knew it would have been that had I would have bought a 66 lol. I was looking At the 64.5/68/.70 wg

I ran the 64.5/73/14 it was ok.. If I knew it would have been that had I would have bought a 66 lol. I was looking At the 64.5/68/.70 wg

The 68 wheel really isn't bad at all. If i roll into it I can hit 10-12psi by 1600rpm and it's screaming around 2k. If I'm cruising in 3rd around 2k rpm it's extremely responsive. I went with the .83 housing because I'm planning on twins later. And the wastegate housings were out of stock when I ordered mine but I love it

The 68 wheel really isn't bad at all. If i roll into it I can hit 10-12psi by 1600rpm and it's screaming around 2k. If I'm cruising in 3rd around 2k rpm it's extremely responsive. I went with the .83 housing because I'm planning on twins later. And the wastegate housings were out of stock when I ordered mine but I love it

How is it daily driving? Or towing ? At most I may tow 5k but I'm at sea.lvl in fl . well if your doing twins down the road I think I have my answer lol it seems like every one does twins and on the vehicle they own thays. The first mod they do lol 7

It has very good street manors. As long as you don't just floor it from a stop and kinda roll on the throttle as soon as it starts making boost it'll pull right on through, I just run my comp box on 5x1 around town so it doesn't drown it out too bad. I don't tow much with my truck anymore so I couldn't be any help there but I really don't think it would be bad at all. Especially for that small of a load. And twins are still undecided haha, one day I want to ppump it and put another turbo on it and the next I want to sell it and buy something else so who knows